The 'Bounce'

RamLad1884

Seeing the Liverpool YNWA from the fans last night got me thinking, has the 'Bounce' become our unofficial chant? 

While we've had the bounce long before Lampard came here I can't help but feel this season we've really made it a big thing for the fans. Nothing better than the team starting the bounce after a win, brings all the fans together massively. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Sorry the bounce will never be as emotional or inspiring as YNWA is.

I agree, no comparison. But it's the closest we've had to some level of togetherness as a fan group on a while. Unfortunately Steve Bloomers Watching wasn't cutting it anymore. 

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

YNWA is just an amazing song and I’m a little jealous.

The ‘Allez Allez Allez’ chant is fantastic as well. I would have loved for us to sing it if it hadn’t been adopted by every team and their dog.

YNWA was also adopted by every team and their dog in the 70's.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I've always seen 'We Are Derby' as our main anthem. 

Nice easy song that everyone knows!

During THAT SEASON I can remember some matches where it was sung for periods of 15 to 20 minutes non stop.

Some of us have been trying to get it going again this season, but for some reason it isn't happening.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Some of us have been trying to get it going again this season, but for some reason it isn't happening.

It pops up at away games on occasion. The simple ‘Derby, Derby Derby. Derby, Derby, Derbyyy Derby’ seems more popular though.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've always seen 'We Are Derby' as our main anthem. 

Nice easy song that everyone knows!

During THAT SEASON I can remember some matches where it was sung for periods of 15 to 20 minutes non stop.

That's the song that has the most emotional resonance for me - remember it on the Popside when we won the old second division under Arthur Cox - just getting louder and louder each time it came around to the start. Literal tingles just remembering it

The bounce is fun but I still feel a but guilty that our big song has a massive F bomb in it.

Anyone else feel a bit bad when Keogh started the bounce after the WBA game and was holding his tiny daughter, as twenty thousand F bombs landed all around her little ears ?

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

It pops up at away games on occasion. The simple ‘Derby, Derby Derby. Derby, Derby, Derbyyy Derby’ seems more popular though.

We need to get them all going on Saturday and keep them going.

1 minute ago, StivePesley said:

That's the song that has the most emotional resonance for me - remember it on the Popside when we won the old second division under Arthur Cox - just getting louder and louder each time it came around to the start. Literal tingles just remembering it

The bounce is fun but I still feel a but guilty that our big song has a massive F bomb in it.

Anyone else feel a bit bad when Keogh started the bounce after the WBA game and was holding his tiny daughter, as twenty thousand F bombs landed all around her little ears ?

No.

YNWA is a great anthem. Both Liverpool and Dortmund sing it well.

But Anfield just tends to make songs sound better. Their fans are far better at singing in unison than most, for starters.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

But Anfield just tends to make songs sound better. Their fans are far better at singing in unison than most, for starters.

Most of them claim to be related to John Lennon so what do you expect???

16 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I felt worse about the fact he obviously didn't anticipate quite how vigorous he was then going to bounce - Poor kid looked fully shell-shocked

Archived