The 'Bounce'

RamLad1884

2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

That wasn't the bounce, she's just got her father's eyes

My mates in London always refer to him as 'The Viking' - Because apparently with his scraggly beard and semi-permanent death stare he always looks like he's just about to pillage a small coastal town 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Seeing the Liverpool YNWA from the fans last night got me thinking, has the 'Bounce' become our unofficial chant? 

While we've had the bounce long before Lampard came here I can't help but feel this season we've really made it a big thing for the fans. Nothing better than the team starting the bounce after a win, brings all the fans together massively. 

I think it should be our chant, our own thing

Just now, archram said:

I love the bounce but hate the words. I’d like something that celebrates my team, not make it look like we’re obsessed with our rivals.

I agree.

The bounce is great, I mean hell... there was a portion of all 4 stands bouncing against WBA.... I reckon we can get even more bouncing Saturday..... 

33 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

I always thought 'Since i was young' was a good one in the 13/14 season. Was amazing in that Brighton game.

Yeah what happened to this? Much prefer hearing this to the ones about Forest or players who haven’t even played for us. 

42 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

That's the song that has the most emotional resonance for me - remember it on the Popside when we won the old second division under Arthur Cox - just getting louder and louder each time it came around to the start. Literal tingles just remembering it

The bounce is fun but I still feel a but guilty that our big song has a massive F bomb in it.

Anyone else feel a bit bad when Keogh started the bounce after the WBA game and was holding his tiny daughter, as twenty thousand F bombs landed all around her little ears ?

I’m sorry but I don’t understand how people get offended by swearing. They’re just words that, unlike racial slurs, have never been used to discriminate against any particular group of people.

This is absolutely not safe for work, so comes with that #NSFW health warning.

But when I searched #DCFC on twitter the other day there were plenty of examples of people asking for Super Frankie Lampard to start the bounce that I was not expecting. I presumed that was what this thread was about!

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

I did laugh when WBA were doing their bounce going "boing,  boing, boing"! I hope that's how you spell it.

TBF to the Baggies, they were doing it years before Man City caught on to it. Indeed, if there is a club that originated the bounce in England I think WBA would have a claim (though no doubt someone from the Wendies would then pipe in saying they did it first).

7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m sorry but I don’t understand how people get offended by swearing. They’re just words that, unlike racial slurs, have never been used to discriminate against any particular group of people.

Hopefully you’ll have a different opinion when you take your 5 or 6 year old son or daughter to the match, don’t get me wrong, I eff and Jeff with the best of them but it’s not nice around youngsters (and ladies) so I refrain. 

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Virtually all swear words refer to either various forms of sexual activity or genitalia, try explaing them to a five or six year old or using them in front of your mother/granny. 

So if you therefore don't understand why people get offended by swearing you may have Tourettes.  

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

That's the song that has the most emotional resonance for me - remember it on the Popside when we won the old second division under Arthur Cox - just getting louder and louder each time it came around to the start. Literal tingles just remembering it

The bounce is fun but I still feel a but guilty that our big song has a massive F bomb in it.

Anyone else feel a bit bad when Keogh started the bounce after the WBA game and was holding his tiny daughter, as twenty thousand F bombs landed all around her little ears ?

My 6 year-old hears it every game , he knows the words but just adapts it to jump and bounce . 

13 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Hopefully you’ll have a different opinion when you take your 5 or 6 year old son or daughter to the match, don’t get me wrong, I eff and Jeff with the best of them but it’s not nice around youngsters (and ladies) so I refrain. 

Of course, you take into account who's around you. I wouldn't do it in front of my grandparents or in the North Stand. I just wish it wasn't such a taboo. I don't think you can complain about it if you're anywhere else in the ground or at an away game though. They're going to learn at some point.

17 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

3 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Virtually all swear words refer to either various forms of sexual activity or genitalia, try explaing them to a five or six year old or using them in front of your mother/granny. 

So if you therefore don't understand why people get offended by swearing you may have Tourettes.  

This.

As a woman I absolutely hate the c word and find it extremely offensive. I don't understand why it isn't considered discriminatory. 

Archived