U18s v Arsenal - PL National Final @ Pride Park 7pm, 07/05/19

Day

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, ramit said:

The lads have really done themselves proud tonight and set an example for the first team to go on to glory themselves.

Something special happening folks, this season can end up being tremendous

Congrats to the staff and thank you thank you thank you Mel for what you have done to help this happen

Let’s hope the club focuses attention on turning this set of boys into the first team of tomorrow. Too many talented youngsters slip through the net (not just at Derby) and are displaced by ‘safe bet’ journeymen.

I would love to see three or four get games in the early cup rounds and told to express themselves.

14 minutes ago, David said:

This season the final is Chelsea v Porto, below is the clubs that were in the tournament 

E92FAE34-428E-4E00-B357-2C752779C704.png

I really hope the Young Boys youth team is called the Young Boys of Young Boys

I am just starting to think that I dreamt tonight's game. It was that good. A Man City level of confidence and expectation to win running through the team. Sell a couple of fringe first team squad players and give these guys competitive wages ASAP. 

Nice to see the captain Callum Minkley lift the trophy. Another off the South Normanton production line after Lee Holmes and Max Lowe. Weird seeing 8 year olds kick a ball about at the end of your road then watch them at Pride Park 10 years later. One of our own. 

Top performance from the u18s. They were the cultured football team. It was incisive, high press, attack minded and completely unsettled Arsenal. Very much the Lampard "identity" blueprint. Sibley was stand out, he could run frighteningly fast with the ball. Jason Knight marauded too. Morgan Whitaker and Archie Brown were fast, effective wingers who took their goals exceedingly well. None of them could of made such an impact without Max Bird mopping things up majestically as CDM. Or the tireless running of Tyree Wilson up front. Lee Buchanan was quick, strong and skilful at LB. Jordan Brown grew into the game at RB. Sam French was perhaps unsighted for their first goal but otherwise was assured. What a crop of players I so hope we can keep and nurture half a dozen into the first team squad. COYL!!

Am I the only person who gets really annoyed at clubs still using our awful crest from the 11 point season for their graphics? (I don't remember how long it went beyond that season I just think that was the season it was first used)

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Am I the only person who gets really annoyed at clubs still using our awful crest from the 11 point season for their graphics? (I don't remember if it went beyond that season I just think that was the season it was first used)

On kits, the first season was 2007/08, and the last was 2011/12.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

On kits, the first season was 2007/08, and the last was 2011/12.

Thanks, lasted longer than it deserved.

Still annoys me.

35 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Am I the only person who gets really annoyed at clubs still using our awful crest from the 11 point season for their graphics? (I don't remember how long it went beyond that season I just think that was the season it was first used)

Still better than Arsenal's

Archived