U18s v Arsenal - PL National Final @ Pride Park 7pm, 07/05/19

David

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, angieram said:

The Lampard effect! 

Jody's still got the password to that account, then ? 

14 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Fantastic game! we really do have some special players coming through!

Very impressed with Mount watching the game even though he is on loan, fantastic respect for him.

That's cos he wants to stay here! ?  He recognises a good thing and as Ramage said - something magical is happening here.

3 minutes ago, RedSox said:

That's cos he wants to stay here! ?  He recognises a good thing and as Ramage said - something magical is happening here.

One reality- those 3 young loan players will want to play every week next season wherever they are because now they are consistent professionals who produce on the pitch and they I’ll not be wanting to sit on a bench or watch from a stand anywhere - they want to play 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

One reality- those 3 young loan players will want to play every week next season wherever they are because now they are consistent professionals who produce on the pitch and they I’ll not be wanting to sit on a bench or watch from a stand anywhere - they want to play 

I imagine they all want to be in the top flight. If we make it I think we'd have a good case with all of them. If not, I imagine they'll all try to get a move to a prem club.

30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I imagine they all want to be in the top flight. If we make it I think we'd have a good case with all of them. If not, I imagine they'll all try to get a move to a prem club.

The only thing is would we be seen as a good loan club for development or might it be seen as competition ? Still as they all come from the same club it’s means just 2 games without them ? 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

The only thing is would we be seen as a good loan club for development or might it be seen as competition ? Still as they all come from the same club it’s means just 2 games without them ? 

I think the success of the mount, Tomori and Wilson loans has really put us in the driving seat for next seasons loan market, for sure if we don't go up.

I don't think Chelsea or Liverpool etc would refuse us as a newly promoted team.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the success of the mount, Tomori and Wilson loans has really put us in the driving seat for next seasons loan market, for sure if we don't go up.

I don't think Chelsea or Liverpool etc would refuse us as a newly promoted team.

But the FA would. Rules are Max. 2 loans from other Premier League Clubs. Must be from 2 different clubs.

13 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I believe that in the Premier league you can only have 2 loan players and not more than one from any club. So we couldn't keep Mount and Tomori. 

No problem. We'll sign Tomori on a permanent and take Mount on loan. ?

16 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I believe that in the Premier league you can only have 2 loan players and not more than one from any club. So we couldn't keep Mount and Tomori. 

Easy work around - a club can insert a buy back clause in the transfer deal. So we could buy Tomori for £5m with a £3m buy back clause - the difference in price replacing loan fees.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Easy work around - a club can insert a buy back clause in the transfer deal. So we could buy Tomori for £5m with a £3m buy back clause - the difference in price replacing loan fees.

An even easier work around would be to get Mel to buy them for another company and then loan them from him for a fiver a week.

3 hours ago, nottingram said:

Just watched the highlights, Sibley getting right in one of their players faces when we scored the 5th was amusing.

Does he always have such an edge about him?

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's certainly a 'fiery character'

Arsenal had clearly singled him out and gave him a lot of rough treatment, hoping he'd react and get sent off. I was really impressed at his self-control. Not surprised if he finally allowed himself a bit of a release at the end.

Definitely a very bright prospect among a lot of bright prospects. If we go up, I'd hope he gets a Championship loan next season.

I was on a night out in my HGV and managed to blag some wi-fi and got to see the second half. 

Wow! What a performance. We seemed very well organised at the back, fast and incisive in midfield and clinical in front of goal. Apart from a bit of a wobble when they scored their second, and we gave away a silly penalty, we outplayed Arsenal, who looked far less organised, and knew they were being well beaten, evidenced by the tetchy behaviour.

As someone else has posted, I hope our 1st teamers were taking notes, especially on the speed at which we responded to winning the ball and turning it into an attack. Yes, we did the "play it from the back" thing, but nowhere near as much, and nowhere near as ponderously.

The young lads are a credit to us, and to themselves. 

COME ON YOU UNDER-18s!

Archived