U18s v Arsenal - PL National Final @ Pride Park 7pm, 07/05/19

David

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lads have really done themselves proud tonight and set an example for the first team to go on to glory themselves.

Something special happening folks, this season can end up being tremendous

Congrats to the staff and thank you thank you thank you Mel for what you have done to help this happen

I really believe that is epic ! .. come on .. championship club has enough in its academy to win the title ? Special day. 

The futures bright .. its black and white COYR

Wow, just wow. 

Well done everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Anyone else see the Arsenal coach have a little word in Sibber’s ear as he walked off?

Hands off!

Well done to all the U18’s and to all the Academy’s staff behind the scenes too.

Enjoy.

Yea I saw that, he spoke to him and then checked the number on his shirt as he walked past.

Way too good for Arsenal on the night. As a team, superior. To pick out individuals...Sibley and Bird owned the midfield, Archie Brown (who I confess I'd never heard of) did the rest.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and one very proud Ram tonight.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rams qualify for the UEFA Youth League. In the knock out rounds, BT Sport usually show these games. Could be some good games if we progress! 

Not sure how the tournament tree works for it 

You just beat me to it ?

13 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rams qualify for the UEFA Youth League. In the knock out rounds, BT Sport usually show these games. Could be some good games if we progress! 

Not sure how the tournament tree works for it 

In principle, the groups drawn for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League (i.e. eight groups of four teams) and the match calendar for that competition are used for the UEFA Champions League path group stage.

14.02 Each club plays one home and one away match against each other club in its group. Three points are awarded for a win, one point for a draw and none for a defeat.

The first and second round pairings are determined by means of an open draw. For the purposes of the draw, the UEFA administration may form groups and may include geographical conditions that prevent teams from having to travel long distances.

15.02 The first and second rounds are played under the cup (knockout) system, with each club playing each opponent twice, in home and away matches. The team which scores the greater aggregate of goals in the two matches qualifies for the next stage. Otherwise, the stipulations of Article 19 apply.

15.03 The 16 winners of the first round contest the second round.

15.04 The eight winners of the second round qualify for the play-offs.

The play-offs are played in single-leg knockout matches in accordance with Article 19. The UEFA administration ensures that the following principles are respected:

a. Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

b. The eight winners of the second round of the domestic champions path play at home.

16.03 The eight winners of the play-offs qualify for the round of 16.

The eight group winners of the UEFA Champions League path group stage and the eight winners of the play-offs contest the round of 16, for which the pairings are determined by means of a draw. This draw also determines which will be the home teams.

17.02 The round of 16 is played in single-leg knockout matches in accordance with Article

19. The UEFA administration ensures that clubs which have played in the same group cannot be drawn against each other.

17.03 The eight winners of the round of 16 qualify for the quarter-finals.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/88/2558288_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Archived