Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

26 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

It definitely is a better choice and you make good/valid points. I'd just rather be going in with momentum AND form like Villa.

Today was painful at times and we rarely looked like a good team. But, as we all know, anything can happen *if* we can get into the playoffs. So I'll take finishing 6th over looking like Holland circa 1976 at this stage and just missing out.

Holland 1976 more like Billy Davies 2007.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew it was a sign we were in with a chance as they hadn't prepared properly, when Bristol City couldn't even spell the name of their stadium correctly.

Have also figured out why Bristol's home record is so poor. The away team coach arrives by the away fans entrance with suitably positioned outside bar to aid hydration, with the fans not allowed in the stadium and so held to see and applaud the players in and give them a rousing welcome.

Frank got the biggest cheer and songs like some celebrity appearance. Home fans had been standing there for ages to see our coach in as well, and were far too polite with autograph hunters and no dog's abuse of our team at all.

20190427_134720.jpg

9 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Looks like they won’t need to ?

Same midfield for the trip to wales then swap it back to the more attacking midfield for the home game.

Lovely stuff!

Are you Frankie in disguise ? ?????????

15 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

What a ducking day.

Left Burton at 08:20. First pint at 08:25. Arrived at the Myrtle Tree in Bristol at about 11:30. Same routine as usual - get pissed and turn up at the ground swaying.

We battled like duck today. We were under pressure for a long ducking time but we were  imperious, even when Tomori went off. Special mention to Evans, who was bloody brilliant when he came on, and Bogle, who continued his ducking brilliant form and sealed the game really. 

I don’t particularly remember either of our goals, but I do remember trying to get to the front when we scored our second and my leg getting buried under everyone else. I also went into cramp for our second but who gives a duck when we take pole position against our play-off rivals. 

I genuinely believe that we can do this based off our performance today. A point on Wednesday and a win on Saturday, both of which I’m going to, will do us fine and see us into a position to belt Leeds in the play offs.

As you can probably tell, I’m a little bit pissed off Dark Fruits and Thatcher’s Gold. I don’t give a duck because this is up there with the best away days of my life.

Up the ducking Rams. I’ll see you at Swansea on Wednesday and WBA on Saturday. We can ducking do it.

P.S. I also saw the mighty Derby_England_Loyal at half-time. He’s mystified as to why he got banned but I’m not in a position to comment.  

Up the bar steward Rams.

S.U.N.D.A.Y!

15 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Wish they'd had the disallowed goals, just so I could foment.?

Agree.

They show the weak efforts straight into the keepers arms, or the trickles 2 foot wide, but not goals that get disallowed, whether those decisions be right or wrong.  Even if they were rightly called offside, I'd still like to see the build up play/shot etc.  Frustrating to us half fans who weren't there!

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Agree.

They show the weak efforts straight into the keepers arms, or the trickles 2 foot wide, but not goals that get disallowed, whether those decisions be right or wrong.  Even if they were rightly called offside, I'd still like to see the build up play/shot etc.  Frustrating to us half fans who weren't there!

And to those of us that were and thought we'd scored! 

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Agree.

I dont get why the sending off is on highlights but not those,surely as much of a talking point.

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

That would do well on Twitter?

I decided that would be too cruel on the guys! 

Just love the togetherness of the whole team, though. It made me chuckle when Tomori hobbled straight over to Bogle at full time for a man hug too - those two are great mates off the field.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I decided that would be too cruel on the guys! 

Just love the togetherness of the whole team, though. It made me chuckle when Tomori hobbled straight over to Bogle at full time for a man hug too - those two are great mates off the field.

There does seem a good team spirit. Roos giving Waghorn and big man hug after the goal line clearance.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, TimRam said:

If you missed the disallowed goals Kian Malhi has them in his footage:-

The first offside looks onside, but its not the best angle. Very tight.

The second one. Didn't something similar get debated with Harry Kane last season. He was offside when the ball was played but because the opposition player made a deliberate attempt to play the ball then he was then deemed onside.

Archived