Biringham city stwards really unfriendly

B4ev6is

I am unhappy with there stwards as I brought a bottle of pop with me then get told that I am not allowed to take it in. I said to them this bloody pathatic I had to leave on the roadrider and then force buy one in the ground. I feeling writing in to complain to them git bags.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

B4 has a point. I don't know what i can or can't take in. People around me always have flasks in colder months, why are they allowed but a bottle of pop isn't?

There are half hearted searches of bags, but flares are set off now and then.

I doubt its because it may be used as a weapon, afterall they wouldn't stop you buying a bottle of pop from a vending machine and drinking it in the stands.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am unhappy with there stwards as I brought a bottle of pop with me then get told that I am not allowed to take it in. I said to them this bloody pathatic I had to leave on the roadrider and then force buy one in the ground. I feeling writing in to complain to them git bags.

The previous two seasons it's just been the bottle tops they took off you this season you couldn't even take the bottle in, think maybe they should concentrate on stopping pitch invaders who could be carrying a knife rather than confiscating fruit shoots off kids. 

Sometimes it’s not what they say but how they say it.

You’re not allowed to the bottle in,which is a rule and that is fine,however someone should take the time to deal with you properly and not leave you feeling so aggrieved.

I think the standard of stewarding and security at grounds is a very mixed bag.

Don’t let it put you off mate,we can have a rules section in a match day thread(that’s supposed to be mildly amusing by the way).

12 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

The silly thing is, like everyone else I was frisked going in. Fair enough, I don't have a problem with that. However, I was carrying a coat and they didn't check that at all. I could have sneaked all manner of things in.

I got frisked and my pockets had a phone and wallet a bit of change and a couple of Morrisons receipts but they never asked what I had. It could have been anything.

I understand your frustration, I think maybe venues should try and standardise so you knoe where ever you go what will be allowed in and what won't 

We know Birmingham have an issue with their stewards, they pay an external company to do it who are terrible most of the stewards are youngsters or borderline pensioners according to a Bham fan I know 

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I bet dont treat home fans like this so why should away fans but treated like bit dirt bottom of the shoe.

You have to try and deal with people as an individual which largely they don’t,the power of discretion and speaking to people has been largely drilled out of people in exchange for robots who can follow instructions.

If it’s any consolation my experience of dealing with clubs this season has been 66% fantastic.

Derby have been brilliant to deal with,Sheffield Utd were fantastic,Rotherham not so much.

Don’t take it personally B4 and carry on enjoying your football.

And if it makes you feel better they probably do treat all the fans as badly.

They’ve started to do it in the east stand now. When they serve a bottle of whatever, they have to take the lid off. Quite annoying as it means you have to drink pretty much straight away so you don’t knock it over etc. 

Dont really understand why 

8 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

They’ve started to do it in the east stand now. When they serve a bottle of whatever, they have to take the lid off. Quite annoying as it means you have to drink pretty much straight away so you don’t knock it over etc. 

Dont really understand why 

First time I came across that was at Wembley in the play offs, now it seems to be everywhere. I think with the top on it could be used as a missile. So once again everyone is treated as a hooligan because of the few mindless idiots. We took a bottle of water into the ground on Saturday (I took the top off and hid it separately), but they didn’t bother searching my lad properly any way. Some you win, some you lose. 

Archived