The Politics Thread 2019

Day

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can you clarify who exactly Diane Abbots comment was aimed at then please?

Its met your definition of racism and it was aimed at white people, so I'd suggest every white person on here was subject to racism in that instance.

Back in the day me and a mate got attacked for having the audacity to walk through the wrong room in the Pink Coconut, our crime? That room wasnt for white boys apparently. 

Does not sound like it was for boys at all..  

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Let's just clarify, as we seem to have another lib-hating right-winger joined the party

Political correctness does not exist. It's just people being polite and treating each other with respect. If you want to argue the point further - please explain how the two things differ

Commie... That's me being polite. ?

15 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Let's just clarify, as we seem to have another lib-hating right-winger joined the party

Political correctness does not exist. It's just people being polite and treating each other with respect. If you want to argue the point further - please explain how the two things differ

Tell that the hundreds if not thousands of young girls that have been subject to abuse.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rotherham-report-council-staff-failed-to-act-on-abuse-for-fear-of-being-called-racists-9pflxthtjs5

10 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Tell that the hundreds if not thousands of young girls that have been subject to abuse.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rotherham-report-council-staff-failed-to-act-on-abuse-for-fear-of-being-called-racists-9pflxthtjs5

TBQHWY that's a hell of a reach mate. It's not "political correctness" in play there, it's a much deeper social issue. Blaming it on "political correctness" is a cop-out. If people had concrete evidence that abuse was going on then they wouldn't have had any fears of reporting it. 

5 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

TBQHWY that's a hell of a reach mate. It's not "political correctness" in play there, it's a much deeper social issue. Blaming it on "political correctness" is a cop-out. If people had concrete evidence that abuse was going on then they wouldn't have had any fears of reporting it. 

Although fear of being labelled racist was one of the specific reasons that staff cited.  

I've got nothing further to add.

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

You're joking right?

3 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I have no more words on this subject.

This right here sums up the problems.

You want us to listen to people affected by racism until the people affected are white and at that point we just end the conversation!

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have no more words on this subject

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

I've got nothing further to add.

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You want us to listen to people affected by racism until the people affected are white and at that point we just end the conversation!

Yes - it certainly appears that way. You both just ended the conversation!

SJWs FTW!

Just reading through recent posts and it got me thinking as to whether I've been a victim of racial abuse. As a ginger I've had people say loudly to their friends  comments such as I'd rather be dead than ginger, or I hate to have that freckly skin. I've just shrugged it off as people being unpleasant or rude although when I was 10 I spent ages trying to bleach my freckles with lemon juice! Racism against the Celtic gene , rudeness or a bit of both? Whatever I don't give a poo now.

19 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yes - it certainly appears that way. You both just ended the conversation!

SJWs FTW!

I mean we could go back and ask why Diane Abbott's comments weren't racist but we all know you will ignore the question and probably go on about Boris Johnson talking about someone's clothes.

15 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Just reading through recent posts and it got me thinking as to whether I've been a victim of racial abuse. As a ginger I've had people say loudly to their friends  comments such as I'd rather be dead than ginger, or I hate to have that freckly skin. I've just shrugged it off as people being unpleasant or rude although when I was 10 I spent ages trying to bleach my freckles with lemon juice! Racism against the Celtic gene , rudeness or a bit of both? Whatever I don't give a poo now.

No chance, just banter you snowflake!

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I mean we could go back and ask why Diane Abbott's comments weren't racist but we all know you will ignore the question and probably go on about Boris Johnson talking about someone's clothes.

I thought you had no more words on the subject?

As usual - you get my hopes up that you're finally going to shut up and then you can't help yourself! ?

Just now, SchtivePesley said:

I thought you had no more words on the subject?

As usual - you get my hopes up that you're finally going to shut up and then you can't help yourself! ?

No response to the points raised as usual. 

Pathetic.

A massive part of the problem but you're that busy patting yourself on the back you cant see it.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No response to the points raised as usual. 

Pathetic.

A massive part of the problem but you're that busy patting yourself on the back you cant see it.

Just checking - is this your last word on the matter, or was that the post before, or the post before that? So hard to tell!

I can't reply any more as I need to try and position a series of full length mirrors so that I can finally see myself patting my own back

Wish me luck!

48 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Just checking - is this your last word on the matter, or was that the post before, or the post before that? So hard to tell!

I can't reply any more as I need to try and position a series of full length mirrors so that I can finally see myself patting my own back

Wish me luck!

Up to you to be fair.

If you have no response to the issues raised then I'm fine for it to be my last response.

Just to be clear though, the next time you call out Johnson, Farage, Hopkins or Robinson for being racist, I will be back with exactly the same unanswered questions.

Archived