The Politics Thread 2019

Day

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Your local meeting of the Labour / Momentum / SLP party?

Given that the jist of my original post was that we've been told repeatedly that the Momentum/SLP far-left fringe of the Labour Party is a massive problem, therefore I hope people are as equally concerned about the far-right fringes now flocking to the Tory party

So to simply reply with a post suggesting I am blind to the problem on the far left is a somewhat circular argument. 

I'm not blind to it. And it's over anyway - so you can stop banging on about it and tell us why it's not hypocritical to be blase about the far right in teh Tory party

I get uncomfortable when people seem to have no problem defending or dismissing racists as not important

(cue G Star saying "something something Diane Abbott")

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Wouldn’t it be a thing if having ‘won’ so graciously, a member of the DCFC Tory fan club were to discuss Tory policy and advise us as to what to expect moving forwards. 
Fiscal policies, social care, child poverty and the like. You know, the less important stuff than articles from the Daily Fail and co. 

Think we assumed that with your views you would at least have read their manifesto?

Or are you just getting your views from the left wing media?

4 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

What are your thoughts on the government moves to disband the Brexit department and remove the negotiations wtih the EU from any scrutiny?

Given that you are complaining here about EU negotiations being done behind backs - do you not care that this government could literaly negotiate anything with the EU and no one even gets to see the detail of what it is until it is done?

That's the role of government isnt it?

Why keep on having Brexit negotiations scrutinised by people that dont want Brexit?

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think we assumed that with your views you would at least have read their manifesto?

Or are you just getting your views from the left wing media?

I asked what Tory voters expected not what Boris has promised. Do try and keep up old bean. 

Promises on workers’ rights, social care and the minimum wage already seemingly subject to revision, it’s seems a reasonable question unless like yourself, one simply believes everything one reads in the right wing media.  

By the way, haven’t you blocked me three times now?  You’re like an annoying ex GF who just can’t let go xx

42 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Come old boy, be honest, you’ve been diane to talk abbot Abbot. 

Said everything I wanted to say about her and got the usual lame responses.

No doubt you will keep on mentioning Diane Abbot for months though because we all know you love to chuck around veiled accusations of racism.

52 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Trump won't be made to go. Impeachment is futile and only strengthens his personal brand and will only assist in his campaign. 

Unless something that harms his popularity with republican base support comes out around late summer can't see him not being re-elected.

The only thing that will make the Senate Trial interesting is if the Democrats can somehow force Mulvaney and Bolton etc. to testify.  The more moderate Republican electorate know that these two are directly linked to Trump, unlike all the career diplomats who testified during the impeachment inquiry (they are simply being dismissed by Republicans as part of the anti-Trump conspiracy). 

Democrats need only persuade 4 Republicans that their testimony would be useful and it will have to happen.  Romney has indicated that he might be 1, I don't fancy their chances of finding 4 however.  Who needs witnesses at a trial after all!  The fact that Trump/McConnell and the Republicans don't want any witnesses at the trial speaks volumes.   

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Said everything I wanted to say about her and got the usual lame responses.

No doubt you will keep on mentioning Diane Abbot for months though because we all know you love to chuck around veiled accusations of racism.

Won’t say a word abbot her mate. 

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

When the "veiled accusations" are you lot refusing to condemn actual "celebrity" racists joining the Conservative Party then we don't even have to say anything. The veil is all yours  

I will condemn any racist.

Learn what the word racist means. 

If you want me to condemn Tommy Robinson or Katie Hopkins, I assume you will be condemning Diane Abbot?

Thought not.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I will condemn any racist.

Learn what the word racist means. 

If you want me to condemn Tommy Robinson or Katie Hopkins, I assume you will be condemning Diane Abbot?

Thought not.

When someone mention vile racist scum, I immediately think of Abbot. Not Robbo or Hoppo. Salt of the earth them two.

Archived