The Politics Thread 2019

Day

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Woohoo finally found a good reason for brexit. Researchers have claimed that British sausages are less likely to cause cancer than EU sausages.

Damn just remembered brexiteers told us that we shouldn't believe what experts say.

Its alleged as part of his push to get brexit done Boris Johnson was pushing the old uk sausages are better for you angle.

He was handing them out to MP's as they entered parliament in a bid to get more votes.

As Jeremy Corbyn and Dianne Abbott approached he shouts over 'banger jeremy?' to which jeremy replied 'yes but a long time ago'

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

https://news.sky.com/story/stormzy-says-uk-is-definitely-racist-and-boris-johnson-has-made-it-worse-11892070

To be fair - we should probably listen to people who are victims of racism. If they believe it exists then we should not question their perception. 

I have never been subject to racism, and i suspect the demographic of this forum is largely also white males like me who have never been subject to it either. 

Ok I've been a victim if racism from Diane Abbot, are you going to listen to my views? Thought not.

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I see you didn't respond to my points about the precise definitions of what racism actually is and are waste of time and just ways to take debates off track. Fair play if you now realise this and preferred to drop the issue.

Racism to me is thinking someone is inferior based on race.

Or using racial stereotypes to attack someone.

Speaking about someone's clothes is not racist.

Wanting controlled immigration is not racist.

That's just my definition.

I'm sure if there had been a wikipedia definition of racism 10 years ago it would be a lot different to what it is now.

26 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

On no I've just heard there's calls for a second sausage referendum. Dressed up as a people vote on sausages. They reckon folk didn't really know what they were voting for first time around and Nigel Farage was telling porkies on sausages. Porkies do you like the pun?

I hear that Cumberland and Lincolnshire are demanding their own independent referendum as they consider themselves different to British pork sausage.

26 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

How exactly were you a victim? Show me on the doll where Diane Abbot's comments hurt you 

You said we should be listening to people that have been victims of racism?

She made a racist remark about all white people.

You said we should be listening  to people that have been victims of racism?

Did you mean it or did you mean we should only listen to people that have been victims of racism as defined by you?

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

When she said all white people like to playing divide and rule.

I dont, therefore she has made a comment about me based on the colour of my skin which is wrong, does that not constitute a racist comment?

Dunno mate. You saud she’s not a racist so it’s a tad confusing really. Is she or isn’t she?

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I want Labour to nationalise sausages. It's the only way to make sausages work for everyone.

Looks like Boris beat them too it.

BorisBangers-20190708095832358.jpg

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

When she said all white people like to playing divide and rule.

I dont, therefore she has made a comment about me based on the colour of my skin which is wrong, does that not constitute a racist comment?

You so funny - you already said a couple of pages back that you don't actually consider Diane Abbott a racist, so you are just straw-manning here and I don't think you really want anyone to seriously engage with you.

In actual fact - trying to pretend that you are hurt by some words that a black MP said about colonialism on Twitter, in order to try and prove a point about racism is pretty pathetic.  I'd like to see you try that strategy face to face with a real life victim of a violent racist attack

6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

You so funny - you already said a couple of pages back that you don't actually consider Diane Abbott a racist, so you are just straw-manning here and I don't think you really want anyone to seriously engage with you.

In actual fact - trying to pretend that you are hurt by some words that a black MP said about colonialism on Twitter, in order to try and prove a point about racism is pretty pathetic.  I'd like to see you try that strategy face to face with a real life victim of a violent racist attack

Have a look at page 610. Mad as a cat in a box. Apparently the new default defence is ‘the joke went over your head’

Weird AF.

43 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I dont think Abbot is a racist, does that mean that her comment was not racist?

Please explain to me how making a comment based on the colour of peoples skin is not a racist comment.

You're just a hypocrite and any time your hypocrisy gets called out you try and deflect the conversation away and make it personal.

My best friend all the way through school is black. 

I've spent most of my working life working predominantly with Asians.

Obviously I cannot speak for all of them but I'd say there is a fair few of them that would find your views embarrassing and unhelpful to the cause.

Likewise I'm sure there would be some that would agree with views.

If you think you speak on behalf of people that have been victims of racism though I think you are misguided.

A lot of people realise how much has been done in eradicating racism, sure theres a long way to go but people being wrongly accused of racism day after day does nothing but make the situation worse.

Sorry can't get my head round the argument who is or isn't a racist or even what constitutes as racism now days. But at the moment I don't give a sausage as it's Christmas and all I want to do is eat,drink and be merry.

So I apologise, as everything I post from now on may appear to be a bit flippant and immature, as it will be being written through a haze of festive spirit.

Archived