The Politics Thread 2019

Day

13 hours ago, Curtains said:

Can the politics thread be rested over Xmas 

Not without a referendum and then a vote to decide if we agree with the referendum, and you have to be online in order to vote on the vote. Then David will decide. We will then get a vote on David’s decision. 

But Chad residents want a vote to ensure that they can carry on anyway. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, jono said:

Not without a referendum and then a vote to decide if we agree with the referendum, and you have to be online in order to vote on the vote. Then David will decide. We will then get a vote on David’s decision. 

But Chad residents want a vote to ensure that they can carry on anyway. 

Nothing wrong with Chaddesden mate .

I was born there .

Salt of the earth they are mate.

Not sure which side of the bed to get out of today though mate. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Nothing wrong with Chaddesden mate .

I was born there .

Salt of the earth they are mate.

Not sure which side of the bed to get out of today though mate. 

I like Chad. But it might have something to do with My wife’s hair dresser who lives there and she gorgeous  ?

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I will condemn any racist.

Learn what the word racist means. 

If you want me to condemn Tommy Robinson or Katie Hopkins, I assume you will be condemning Diane Abbot?

Thought not.

Thing is - condemnation of racists should be unconditional. Why would your condemnation only be forthcoming on the condition of other people accepting your definition of what is or isn't racist?

I'm not asking for you to base your condemnation on what I think. It shouldn't matter a jot.

I'm merely asking you how you feel about the racists flocking to join the Conservative party now that it has a sizeable majority and a PM with form when it comes to racism & homophobia. Straight answer required

Any attempt to deflect from answering a simple question makes it look like you simply don't want to have to answer the question

22 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Thing is - condemnation of racists should be unconditional. Why would your condemnation only be forthcoming on the condition of other people accepting your definition of what is or isn't racist?

I'm not asking for you to base your condemnation on what I think. It shouldn't matter a jot.

I'm merely asking you how you feel about the racists flocking to join the Conservative party now that it has a sizeable majority and a PM with form when it comes to racism & homophobia. Straight answer required

Any attempt to deflect from answering a simple question makes it look like you simply don't want to have to answer the question

I wouldn't want racism rife in a political party that I support.

Robinson and Hopkins are very public figures, if they are racist I'm pretty sure that action would have been taken against them.

Can you please point me to a list of their convictions for racism. 

Once I've reviewed it I will make a more educated statement about all of these 'racists' flocking to the Conservatives.

Just for clarity by the way, I dont believe Diane Abbot is racist. I'm just keen to point out the hypocrisy and double standards that seem to be emerging more and more.

3 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-wins-unlikely-supporter-8340362  

https://scramnews.com/tommy-robinson-fake-conservative-membership-card/

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/local-news/mps-react-claims-katie-hopkins-3648971

https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2019/05/29/labour-party-antisemitism

The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) will investigate if there are any problems that need addressing they did with the Labour Party. 

10 minutes ago, cstand said:

The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) will investigate if there are any problems that need addressing they did with the Labour Party. 

Just out of curiosity, if they find no case to answer, can we redo the election? 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Just out of curiosity, if they find no case to answer, can we redo the election? 

No idea if the investigations have been completed I would have thought the SJWs on here would have been following this story and reporting every day on this forum...……. I wonder why they have not, perhaps its the double standards and hypocrisy that G Star Ram mentioned?

3 hours ago, cstand said:

No idea if the investigations have been completed I would have thought the SJWs on here would have been following this story and reporting every day on this forum...……. I wonder why they have not, perhaps its the double standards and hypocrisy that G Star Ram mentioned?

Or if the clamour around antisemitism in labour disappears, can we say it was all just fake Jews? 

22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Did I do something wrong? Please report it if you think I have. 

I also think you missed a pun in pearl ram's reply. 

No you are right GboroRam no offence has been committed just a bit of fun same with Boris Johnston.  

4 hours ago, cstand said:

Simple question is it double standards and hypocrisy by the SJWs on this forum?

9 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

So Mr Pesley should be the 1st person to reply.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Or if the clamour around antisemitism in labour disappears, can we say it was all just fake Jews? 

Nice try but just like people who scream racist and fascist all the time we the people will never forget the antisemitism in the Labour party,

I see Bernie Sanders is now being attacked by various Jewish lobby groups. Apparently Bernie’s anti-Semitic and a racist now too. The right wing media is suddenly awash with such stories as yet again, expressing support for the Palestinians displaced by the illegal Israeli occupation of the West Bank is portrayed as racism as opposed to simply holding an opinion not shared by Netanyahu’s government. 

Put simply, one can openly criticise the Palestinians but the moment one questions the Israelis, one is immediately labelled a racist. 

Anyone else see a pattern developing?

https://forward.com/opinion/436814/of-course-theyre-calling-bernie-sanders-an-anti-semite-because-he-supports/

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I see Bernie Sanders is now being attacked by various Jewish lobby groups. Apparently Bernie’s anti-Semitic and a racist now too. The right wing media is suddenly awash with such stories as yet again, expressing support for the Palestinians displaced by the illegal Israeli occupation of the West Bank is portrayed as racism as opposed to simply holding an opinion not shared by Netanyahu’s government. 

Put simply, one can openly criticise the Palestinians but the moment one questions the Israelis, one is immediately labelled a racist. 

Anyone else see a pattern developing?

https://forward.com/opinion/436814/of-course-theyre-calling-bernie-sanders-an-anti-semite-because-he-supports/

If it's a pattern of people wrongly being labelled racist then it's nothing new, just that now it's the right wing media doing it, it will become an issue all of a sudden.

Archived