The Politics Thread 2019

Day

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I don’t think the Labour Party has any grass roots support anymore. The traditional support evaporated with the decline of heavy industry. The lower paid / working class (horrible term) are turning into white-van-man Tories. There has been a seismic shift towards selfishness and self-interest over any kind of belief in collective or community welfare. Brexit is just a symptom of that. Little England v European Community. 

Tory bar stewards Rule! 

Is that the same White van man that Thornberry had a go at. 

Heavy industries to which you could term heavy polluters.

Self interest ! So does that mean you give most of your money to charity and live in a hovel. 

The Labour Party are the out of date narrow minded party and maybe you would like to be like Venezuela or Greece etc  

1232F795-D93E-45DD-933F-6C1A474E7667.jpeg

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just looking back through the thread, I'm guessing all of the outrage from when Bercow, Starmer, Swinson and the likes were plotting with the EU must have been removed.

I assume everyone was calling for them to be put before the courts to explain why they were colluding with foreign politicians. 

Oh no wait, they were trying to stop Brexit so that was ok.

Are you enjoying your fishing trip this morning?

41 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So what he did with regards to the Ukraine is fine then? Lets not forget this is only one of the reasons why he is clearly totally unfit for the position he is in.

He has been impeached and it will go to the senate who are mostly Republicans and in January he will carry on and most likely win another term in the November elections. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/475242-senate-gop-blasts-impeachment-the-mob-took-over-the-house

34 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just looking back through the thread, I'm guessing all of the outrage from when Bercow, Starmer, Swinson and the likes were plotting with the EU must have been removed.

I assume everyone was calling for them to be put before the courts to explain why they were colluding with foreign politicians. 

Good example hear .

47 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I don’t think the Labour Party has any grass roots support anymore. The traditional support evaporated with the decline of heavy industry. The lower paid / working class (horrible term) are turning into white-van-man Tories. There has been a seismic shift towards selfishness and self-interest over any kind of belief in collective or community welfare. Brexit is just a symptom of that. Little England v European Community. 

Tory bar stewards Rule! 

The swing from Labour to Conservative was highest in the constituencies that have undergone the worst economic decline over the past thirty-odd years. The voters seem to believe that all that needs to be done is to eliminate the malign influence of foreigners and everything will be rosy again. They will be very disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

The swing from Labour to Conservative was highest in the constituencies that have undergone the worst economic decline over the past thirty-odd years. The voters seem to believe that all that needs to be done is to eliminate the malign influence of foreigners and everything will be rosy again. They will be very disappointed. 

What a ridiculous assumption.
Where do you get that analysis from. 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Trump impeached then.

We appear to be entering a new era where if you dont get your own way, go through the courts to try and get it.

Sad times.

Necessary evil. People are going to get sick of these insufferable people who think it's their god given right to rule over others. Let them dig their own graves, just like here in the UK. 

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Trump impeached then.

We appear to be entering a new era where if you dont get your own way, go through the courts to try and get it.

Sad times.

He simply had to be impeached.  The House of Representatives would have been neglecting it's duty if it hadn't impeached him. 

Withholding foreign aid granted by Congress to the Ukraine (currently at war with Russia) until they dig up 'dirt' on Joe Biden's family.  That was the plan it's fair to say.  Who disputes that here?  Therefore he was conducting US foreign policy...not for the benefit of the United States but for the benefit of Donald Trump in 2020.   Clearly impeachable.

So now the trial will begin in the Senate, where of course he'll be let off.  The US is disturbingly partisan now in a way it may never have been before.  The situation is now, that senators are about to take an oath stating that they will be 'impartial jurors' during the trial while Lindsay Graham and Mitch McConnell have already stated that they have absolutely no intention of being impartial.  Strange times.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

You should be a politician, you never answer a question. You offer support for Trump, are asked by a few people for your reasons, then start going on about something totally unrelated. Every answer is 'whataboutblahblahblah'. I could dig out the article I read by ex-Tory Peter Oborne detailing the precise way Downing Street lied about supposed collusion with EU, but that would be just playing into your hands.

Try justifying your opinions occasionally. Preferably without mentioning Diane Abbott. 

Do you think Trump did not do what he was accused of? Or do you think what he did was ok?

25 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Withholding foreign aid granted by Congress to the Ukraine (currently at war with Russia) until they dig up 'dirt' on Joe Biden's family.  That was the plan it's fair to say.  Who disputes that here?  Therefore he was conducting US foreign policy...not for the benefit of the United States but for the benefit of Donald Trump in 2020.   Clearly impeachable.

And also the second charge of refusing to co-operate  and corceing his staff to not co-operate is also clearly impeachable. Obstructing justice we would call it. If he has nothing to hide then why would he refuse to co-operate? It's his normal mode of operation - when in trouble just shout and claim it's all a witch hunt - knowing his supporters will lap up that victim status stuff

He won't be removed from office -we all know that, as the Republicans control the Senate, yet as you say- they are meant to act as impartial jurors.

Democracy in the US is dead, and we're probably going to follow suit

17 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You should be a politician, you never answer a question. 

No one wants to go down that rabit hole with you guys. We all know where it leads because none of you are any good at debating ??

It just leads to you guys accussing people of horrific things. Complete waste of time. 

As brexit is about to be achieved on or before the end of January. Can the word brexit now to be resigned to the waste bin, even Johnson is telling Whitehall to stop using the word.

So what is going to happen now? Will a trade deal with the EU be concluded as quickly and as easily as we were told, during the original referendum campaign.?

If this doesn't turn out to be the case and we have to concede to various demands for a deal to be done. What sort of demands would people find acceptable or unacceptable when trying to get a good trade deal done?

Also would any deal done with the USA, impede on how good a deal we can get with the EU. Or visa-versa depending which deal is completed first. 

34 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You should be a politician, you never answer a question. You offer support for Trump, are asked by a few people for your reasons, then start going on about something totally unrelated. Every answer is 'whataboutblahblahblah'. I could dig out the article I read by ex-Tory Peter Oborne detailing the precise way Downing Street lied about supposed collusion with EU, but that would be just playing into your hands.

Try justifying your opinions occasionally. Preferably without mentioning Diane Abbott. 

Do you think Trump did not do what he was accused of? Or do you think what he did was ok?

I have no idea whether he did or not.

Do I care? No, not really, doesnt affect us.

Do you care that we had British politicians conspiring against the government?

Try and answer it preferably without mentioning Johnson, Trump or Farage.

54 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

And also the second charge of refusing to co-operate  and corceing his staff to not co-operate is also clearly impeachable. Obstructing justice we would call it. If he has nothing to hide then why would he refuse to co-operate? It's his normal mode of operation - when in trouble just shout and claim it's all a witch hunt - knowing his supporters will lap up that victim status stuff

He won't be removed from office -we all know that, as the Republicans control the Senate, yet as you say- they are meant to act as impartial jurors.

Our democracy is fine all we need to do is to keep the extreme left wing Labour party out of power and those that want a 2nd EU referendum.

59 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Indeed, I don't know how anyone can reasonably argue that he doesn't deserve to be impeached and face a trial in the Senate.  Unfortunately it won't be a fair trial. 

What might get him in the end is if the Supreme Court rule that his accounting firm have to release his taxes to public viewing.  That decision should be around June I believe.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have no idea whether he did or not.

Do I care? No, not really, doesnt affect us.

Do you care that we had British politicians conspiring against the government?

Try and answer it preferably without mentioning Johnson, Trump or Farage.

It will affect us if he is involved in the negotiations that are going to happen with the US after we leave the EU.

You said democracy in the US is dead, the representatives that voted to impeach Trump were elected by the US population. How exactly has that killed democracy?

Archived