Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Clough

Graeme Shinnie - Signed on 3 year deal

Recommended Posts

Derby County are leading the chase to sign Rangers target Graeme Shinnie on a free transfer from Aberdeen, Football Insider understands.

Shinnie is out of contract at Aberdeen at the end of the season and has been the subject of interest from a number of clubs in Scotland and England.

The 27-year-old left-back, who can also play in midfield, has yet to agree a new deal at Aberdeen and he has been free to talk to other clubs since January.

 

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ibrox-exclusive-Derby-county-lead-rangers-in-chase-to-sign-player/

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, richinspain said:

So we're trying to sign a left back who isn't playing in his preferred position because the left back that we have loaned to his club is playing there? 🤪

Very cunning.

Share this post


Link to post

Shinnie has been excellent for Aberdeen this season at DM, although he's historically been a left back, I'd imagine he would come in as a DM considering the form he's shown there. I'm trying to be realistic to our situation, so I'd actually say this could be a shrewd signing. I believe Bristol City & Sheff Utd are also sniffing around.

Share this post


Link to post

He’s got a decent beard, real dense one unlike Grabban’s effort, proper manly. One that would fit perfectly in a corner of a hipster bar with a pint of some obscure 7% black liquid and a copy of the Vegan Times.

Share this post


Link to post

If he wasn't out of contract I very much doubt he would be on our radar, and certainly would not want him if it negates Max Bird's opportunities.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, David said:

He’s got a decent beard, real dense one unlike Grabban’s effort, proper manly. One that would fit perfectly in a corner of a hipster bar with a pint of some obscure 7% black liquid and a copy of the Vegan Times.

Quite worrying that we're looking at someone with a hipster beard - wasn't that the reason we signed Butterfield?

Share this post


Link to post
On 31/03/2019 at 14:24, Gaspode said:

Quite worrying that we're looking at someone with a hipster beard - wasn't that the reason we signed Butterfield?

Butterfield was what you went for there? When we had Ledley?

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Butterfield was what you went for there? When we had Ledley?

Ledley was a relative success - whereas Butters?????

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

He was mostly to blame for two of Kazakhstan's goals the other night, doesn't look a particularly steady left back.

He's been in a excellent form as Aberdeen's DM, and as we're weak there I would expect that's what we're looking at. 

We have Max Lowe coming back for our LB position. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

He's been in a excellent form as Aberdeen's DM, and as we're weak there I would expect that's what we're looking at. 

We have Max Lowe coming back for our LB position. 

we're weak in DM ? im happy with Hudds and Jonno doing that role with a miracle come back of Thorne next season 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Ledley was a relative success - whereas Butters?????

It was more about the hipster beard factor - Ledley's beard is about 10x more hipster than Butters! 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, SaintRam said:

He's been in a excellent form as Aberdeen's DM, and as we're weak there I would expect that's what we're looking at. 

We have Max Lowe coming back for our LB position. 

 

11 hours ago, jimbobram said:

we're weak in DM ? im happy with Hudds and Jonno doing that role with a miracle come back of Thorne next season 

I'm with Jimbo on this one. We'll have Huddlestone, Evans, Bird and possibly Thorne and Johnson for the DM spot(s) next season. Unless we plan on offloading 3 of those, I cannot see us signing someone to play that position. Its the advanced CM role(s) we are short as we only have Holmes who can play there.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

 

I'm with Jimbo on this one. We'll have Huddlestone, Evans, Bird and possibly Thorne and Johnson for the DM spot(s) next season. Unless we plan on offloading 3 of those, I cannot see us signing someone to play that position. Its the advanced CM role(s) we are short as we only have Holmes who can play there.

Evans doesn't seem to be at the necessary level, and I don't think Thorne or Johnson will be back next season, so there's your three. Although I do agree we are more short at advanced midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Evans doesn't seem to be at the necessary level, and I don't think Thorne or Johnson will be back next season, so there's your three. Although I do agree we are more short at advanced midfield.

Can't imagine Johnson will be back, thankfully, and there's no chance Thorne suddenly turns into 2014 era GT. Evans is a rotation option at best currently and Huddlestone isn't getting younger and the contract extension could be to be able to move him on for a fee for all we know. We do need to improve the position massively as it's pivotal to the system.

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm with Jimbo on this one. We'll have Huddlestone, Evans, Bird and possibly Thorne and Johnson for the DM spot(s) next season. Unless we plan on offloading 3 of those, I cannot see us signing someone to play that position. Its the advanced CM role(s) we are short as we only have Holmes who can play there.

I agree that we're desperately short at CM - But also agree (to an extent) with @Srg and @SaintRam that a lot of those options are probably not gonna be front and centre

Johnson will be let go, Thorne unlikely to be fit (?), Bird still very young and Evans not really shown much so far - And then at the end of 19-20 we'll be without Hudds and Thorne for definite - So longer term it makes sense to bring someone in if they're free

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.