'We Are Derby' print.

Smyth_18

For those who don't already know, The Smallprint Company did a limited edition print of Jamie Thrasivoulou's 'We Are Derby' poem.

Only 150 have been made, so it would be a great investment at 35 quid! There are still a few left for anybody who may be interested.

https://smallprintcompany.com/product-category/prints/jamie-thrasivoulou

Here's a pic of mine..

wearederby.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I find this pretty amateurish and embarrassing to be honest.

There is nothing for you to be embarrassed about if you wasn't involved or aren't being made fun of.

A lot of people enjoy the poem and the printing press is an art in itself.

On 25/03/2019 at 09:04, Moist One said:

I watched him perform this on Saturday night in a little boozer in Belper. He's a decent geezer to be honest, and whilst poetry isn't something I'd normally be up for, a couple of his poems were quite effective. 

Not many little boozers left in Belper.

When I were a lad there was dozens. The high street and Bridge street, the market place. Full of them

33 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

When I were a lad there was dozens. The high street and Bridge street, the market place. Full of them

it was in the little function room of a decent sized, but perhaps not so desirable boozer. Think it was called Queens Head or something.

33 minutes ago, Moist One said:

it was in the little function room of a decent sized, but perhaps not so desirable boozer. Think it was called Queens Head or something.

The only Queens head I can remember was on the corner of Chesterfield road and Swinney lane.

It wasn't a big place and used to be very quiet.

18 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I find this pretty amateurish and embarrassing to be honest.

Hmm. I have to agree. People are often led to write a poem because they have experienced a strong emotion, received an insight, and wish to capture the experience in writing. His love of and for Derby is obvious but this is really up there with some of the Great Mcgonagall's epic bad poetry.  I can however appreciate that listening to it bring read aloud in a pub while half cut would make it sound great!

30 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Hmm. I have to agree. People are often led to write a poem because they have experienced a strong emotion, received an insight, and wish to capture the experience in writing. His love of and for Derby is obvious but this is really up there with some of the Great Mcgonagall's epic bad poetry.  I can however appreciate that listening to it bring read aloud in a pub while half cut would make it sound great!

They make pretty bad burgers as well

3 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

The sun never set on the British Empire and there was never a Saturday night without a fight on Bridge Street.

Archived