West Brom Sack Moore

Day

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

This is their Clement equivalent. Looks crazy from the outside, but from the inside it looks sane. Apparently he looks tactically out of his depth, and just being very very reliant on gayle and Rodriguez. With a good manager, they'd be challenging for top 2 imo. 4th with their squad is under performing on the looks of it. If you think you can do better, like a jokanovic or something, then it's probably worth doing. Let's hope it goes badly for them, though, there's still a chance, albeit very slim, that we could catch them. 

It is of little importance that we might catch them, we won't catch up on the ones that matter to get top2 ourselves.

Its a big ask for a club to get back the next season after relegration. WBA have done so much better than the two other relegated sides, whose squads accumulated so many more points than they did last season. WBA are at least in with a chance of promotion.

The important question is what difference it will make replacing Moore with someone like Jokanovic. My guess it will end up with the same outcome - play-offs.

Like us they have chopped and changed their managers far too often but will they learn?

52 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

The important question is what difference it will make replacing Moore with someone like Jokanovic. My guess it will end up with the same outcome - play-offs.

Yes, maybe this season but for the future, I'd almost certainly have more confidence in a Jokanovic to take them up, so get him whilst he's available. They are probably on for a playoff spot no matter who they get, so allowing a new manager a start to evaluate the squad before the summer does make sense imo. I think whoever finishes 3rd is clear favourite for the playoffs, anyway, and WBA don't know how to win at home. That's an easy way to make yourself unpopular with the fans, as well. Winning home games is almost certainly more beneficial for job security than winning away games is

Sith Happens

Doesn't surprise me in today's football world. Not having the greatest run right now, inexperienced manager.

Big shame but hopefully he has got his foot in the door for other managerial appointments. West Brom clearly have someone lined up, lets hope it all goes badly wrong for them.

14 hours ago, TexasRam said:

The most stupid decision since we sacked Mac 1 

Without even opening the Newcastle infused bottle of poisonous perfume that was the removal of Mac in 2015 (and let's not, I think it's been chewed over more than a cow's lunch entering it's fourth stomach) can I just say that I do so wish this to be true. I think it's hard to deny that whatever path we had taken we couldn't have done much worse than the journey that Clement, Pearson and Rowett took us on.

15 hours ago, GenBr said:

He only managed to get them to 4th - can't believe they let him stay for so long with such a poor return. 

Hope this completely derails their season now.

Likewise, given where Stoke and Swansea are its incredible, as despite recent results, I’m amazed by the club statement.....

If Percy is right about this, what backing did he get to expect top 2?

14 hours ago, David said:

Would love to see their spend figures in the summer to justify this expectation, given what say Stoke spent and are failing miserably. 

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You can make the same comment about Billy Davies, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, David Moyes. ..

And I would gladly do so. 

There have been plenty of opportunities for employment for Jokanovic. His old job has even become available. And yet he’s still signing on every other Thursday. 

If he’s ‘waiting for the right job’, you have to wonder whether West Brom is it. 

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Hopefully because he's not really as good as I think he is.

Let's see what happens.

He's got two Championship promotions on his CV and his teams play an entertaining style. He seems to struggle in the Prem, but West Brom wont care if he gets them up. 

A really harsh, crass unbelievable decision and another nail in the coffin of the modern game. RIP integrity, loyalty, patience and respect. On the plus side hopefully this will derail their season. Seriously though the desire and hurry for instant success is ruining the beautiful game. I'm just getting really really disillusioned and disgusted by it.

Archived