Sign in to follow this  
David

West Brom Sack Moore

This is their Clement equivalent. Looks crazy from the outside, but from the inside it looks sane. Apparently he looks tactically out of his depth, and just being very very reliant on gayle and Rodriguez. With a good manager, they'd be challenging for top 2 imo. 4th with their squad is under performing on the looks of it. If you think you can do better, like a jokanovic or something, then it's probably worth doing. Let's hope it goes badly for them, though, there's still a chance, albeit very slim, that we could catch them. 

2 hours ago, David said:

West Brom board meeting in November:

Director 1: I've got concerns about Darren Moore

Director 2: Yeah, me too. What shall we do?

Director 1: Give him until March?

Director 2: Good idea. Now where's the good scotch?

Football management is a tough business (tho lucrative with payoffs). The expected top 2 and they ain’t getting it I suspect is the arguement. Harsh on big Dave but I guess that’s modern football for you.

6 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

This is their Clement equivalent. Looks crazy from the outside, but from the inside it looks sane. Apparently he looks tactically out of his depth, and just being very very reliant on gayle and Rodriguez. With a good manager, they'd be challenging for top 2 imo. 4th with their squad is under performing on the looks of it. If you think you can do better, like a jokanovic or something, then it's probably worth doing. Let's hope it goes badly for them, though, there's still a chance, albeit very slim, that we could catch them. 

It is of little importance that we might catch them, we won't catch up on the ones that matter to get top2 ourselves.

Its a big ask for a club to get back the next season after relegration. WBA have done so much better than the two other relegated sides, whose squads accumulated so many more points than they did last season. WBA are at least in with a chance of promotion.

The important question is what difference it will make replacing Moore with someone like Jokanovic. My guess it will end up with the same outcome - play-offs.

Like us they have chopped and changed their managers far too often but will they learn?

52 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

The important question is what difference it will make replacing Moore with someone like Jokanovic. My guess it will end up with the same outcome - play-offs.

Yes, maybe this season but for the future, I'd almost certainly have more confidence in a Jokanovic to take them up, so get him whilst he's available. They are probably on for a playoff spot no matter who they get, so allowing a new manager a start to evaluate the squad before the summer does make sense imo. I think whoever finishes 3rd is clear favourite for the playoffs, anyway, and WBA don't know how to win at home. That's an easy way to make yourself unpopular with the fans, as well. Winning home games is almost certainly more beneficial for job security than winning away games is

Doesn't surprise me in today's football world. Not having the greatest run right now, inexperienced manager.

Big shame but hopefully he has got his foot in the door for other managerial appointments. West Brom clearly have someone lined up, lets hope it all goes badly wrong for them.