Sign in to follow this  
David

West Brom Sack Moore

14 hours ago, TexasRam said:

The most stupid decision since we sacked Mac 1 

Without even opening the Newcastle infused bottle of poisonous perfume that was the removal of Mac in 2015 (and let's not, I think it's been chewed over more than a cow's lunch entering it's fourth stomach) can I just say that I do so wish this to be true. I think it's hard to deny that whatever path we had taken we couldn't have done much worse than the journey that Clement, Pearson and Rowett took us on.

15 hours ago, GenBr said:

He only managed to get them to 4th - can't believe they let him stay for so long with such a poor return. 

Hope this completely derails their season now.

Likewise, given where Stoke and Swansea are its incredible, as despite recent results, I’m amazed by the club statement.....

If Percy is right about this, what backing did he get to expect top 2?

14 hours ago, David said:

Would love to see their spend figures in the summer to justify this expectation, given what say Stoke spent and are failing miserably. 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If Jokanovic is so fantastic, how come he’s been out of a job since November?

You can make the same comment about Billy Davies, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, David Moyes. ..

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You can make the same comment about Billy Davies, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, David Moyes. ..

And I would gladly do so. 

There have been plenty of opportunities for employment for Jokanovic. His old job has even become available. And yet he’s still signing on every other Thursday. 

If he’s ‘waiting for the right job’, you have to wonder whether West Brom is it. 

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Hopefully because he's not really as good as I think he is.

Let's see what happens.

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Hopefully because he's not really as good as I think he is.

Let's see what happens.

He's got two Championship promotions on his CV and his teams play an entertaining style. He seems to struggle in the Prem, but West Brom wont care if he gets them up. 

A really harsh, crass unbelievable decision and another nail in the coffin of the modern game. RIP integrity, loyalty, patience and respect. On the plus side hopefully this will derail their season. Seriously though the desire and hurry for instant success is ruining the beautiful game. I'm just getting really really disillusioned and disgusted by it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dappled Ram said:

A really harsh, crass unbelievable decision and another nail in the coffin of the modern game. RIP integrity, loyalty, patience and respect. On the plus side hopefully this will derail their season. Seriously though the desire and hurry for instant success is ruining the beautiful game. I'm just getting really really disillusioned and disgusted by it.

Totally agree ..... It’s no longer the game I recognise!!!

Edited by Gisby

Moore is a great bloke, no doubt about it. I feel for him. As mentioned, though, he wasn’t the best man for the job. He’s done a steady job, but relegated clubs really need that bounce back otherwise the financial implications can be huge. I think their owner was right to give him the job, but I do think they will finish the season stronger on this decision. 

They, like us, need momentum going into the playoffs. We have no choice, because we won’t be afforded the luxury of falling over the line, but they might. I think it’s a very attractive job for someone, especially a talented coach as opposed to a ‘head master’ type. 

21 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

He said he wasn’t ready to get back into management yet. He’s turned a couple jobs down. 

On 09/03/2019 at 20:04, LB_DCFC said:

This is their Clement equivalent. Looks crazy from the outside, but from the inside it looks sane. Apparently he looks tactically out of his depth, and just being very very reliant on gayle and Rodriguez. With a good manager, they'd be challenging for top 2 imo. 4th with their squad is under performing on the looks of it. If you think you can do better, like a jokanovic or something, then it's probably worth doing. Let's hope it goes badly for them, though, there's still a chance, albeit very slim, that we could catch them. 

Exactly this.

To have a strike force of Gayle and Rodriguez in this division and not be challenging for top 2 is criminal.