Fans Forum @ Nunsfield House in Alvaston 27/3/19

Day
Message added by Day

Colin Gibson hosted Wednesday night's Fans Forum event with Owner and Executive Chairman Mel Morris CBE, manager Frank Lampard and Chief Executive Stephen Pearce. 

Watch the forum in full at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/watch-the-fans-forum-in-full

Just now, Mafiabob said:

I’m not anti gambling.

Take full responsibility for what I’ve done, I don’t campaign etc..... industry can do more, but I’d rather talk to them instead of blaming everyone and everything else like certain campaigners do 

As above, extreme regulation is a workable solution. Gambling is too easy. I’ve seen your work, fully support it and also admire the reach of your candid, honest approach. 

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I’m not anti gambling.

Take full responsibility for what I’ve done, I don’t campaign etc..... industry can do more, but I’d rather talk to them instead of blaming everyone and everything else like certain campaigners do 

I have probably said it before but you are so right about taking responsibility.

I saw a recent article criticising McDonald’s for their Monopoly competition, suggesting they withdraw it because it encourages people to eat unhealthy. Why can't people just make their own minds up and not blame a silly scratchcard promotion for them gaining weight? 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

As above, extreme regulation is a workable solution. Gambling is too easy. I’ve seen your work, fully support it and also admire the reach of your candid, honest approach. 

We all have a choice though, do or don't, or do but in moderation.

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

Mate, you asked over and over again. And a ducking again. I got bored of reading it.

So I asked if you knew about the rumours.

You obviously do.

Looks like youre fishing to me.

Did I say i believed them?

Did I say i thought he did a bad job?

Did I say why he is no longer working at Derby?

Bore off.

Why the aggressive stance, first name calling and now this ?

Read through the thread, you engaged with me on the post I wrote, I happen to think Sam is a very nice man who doesn’t deserves some of the unnecessary stick based on rumours thrown his way for what I believe was doing his job at the time.

I asked if there was anything that you could substantiate from your original post or if these were just what they unfounded (as far as I’m aware), maybe similar to the Dubai story recently flying around.

Looks like we are both in agreement again, there is nothing proven that shows SR wasn’t doing anything that wasn’t on the best interests of the club ?

11 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I’m not anti gambling.

Learn from life’s mistakes, if only everyone took the same philosophy ?

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I have probably said it before but you are so right about taking responsibility.

I saw a recent article criticising McDonald’s for their Monopoly competition, suggesting they withdraw it because it encourages people to eat unhealthy. Why can't people just make their own minds up and not blame a silly scratchcard promotion for them gaining weight? 

Mate, it’s getting ridiculous from campaigners, the rank hypocrisy of some is horrible. Been on the end of all sorts of terrible quotes about what I do, just because I take responsibility 

18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Mate, it’s getting ridiculous from campaigners, the rank hypocrisy of some is horrible. Been on the end of all sorts of terrible quotes about what I do, just because I take responsibility 

Just keep doing what you’re doing mate.

It’s helping people who need it?

As for some of that 'negativity' you lot above are wasting your fingers on, and like Frank, and myself haven't got time for............

I thought the forum like this one is and was fantastico!

We are all fantastico, even all our female fans that didn't ask any questions are fantastico, the ones we did spot on camera were all too busy getting all gooey eyed for our fantastico Franko, and were all looking fantastico, and our Franko is taking us to the play offs where we are all going to have a fantastico time!

...........Fantastico!

3 hours ago, Norman said:

I think Sam Rush actually did a good job.

We nearly went up.

He then did a good job of getting Thorne  and Ince etc for low fees.

Stopping Bryson going to Burnley. I am ITK on that one, and he had gone before Rush worked his magic.

We went after a targets and got them for a seemingly very good price.....

Dum dum deeeeeerrrrr

Low fees ?

not really ...

and I’m sure I read right mrs Ince got a good drink out of it as well as well as his chums and fellow directors at the Wasserman group?

wasnt it 600k In scouting fees to Toms mum ?

yer he did a great job ...

i mean Blackman on a 3 years no expenses spared contract was a stroke of genuis for his other interests 

He knew exactly what he was doing and he shafted us 

hence the counter lawsuit ... what was it financial fidiciaries ?

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

full video is up, although the writhing stare I received when I responded to "what shall we watch with dinner" suggests it's one for the internet derby fan to appreciate on his own

I think a writhing stare might be rather good news for your post dinner entertainment. Watch it tomorrow.

6 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Low fees ?

not really ...

and I’m sure I read right mrs Ince got a good drink out of it as well as well as his chums and fellow directors at the Wasserman group?

i mean Blackman on a 3 years no expenses spared contract was a stroke of genuis for his other interests 

And was you saying this at the time or is that all in hindsight? 

58 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And was you saying this at the time or is that all in hindsight? 

Hindsight obviously 

I’m not claiming to be saying that at the time I wasn’t elated like everyone else with the signings

but I’m certainly not now retrospectively giving rush praise like the post I commented on when it’s now become very apparent that he was not acting in the best interests of derby county 

What’s wrong with that 

I’m not saying told u so 

but when someone says rush did a good job for us ... I have to challenge that with ... as I say hindsight and information that has become to light since 

8 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Are we gonna gonna spend next season ? No, we will probs lose out best players and replace them with lower league ones

Are we gonna fail FFP- No- so not too bad overall

Who are our best players that we will lose, are these the ones that have hardly ever got a game recently or are out at loan at other clubs?

Hardly a great loss if they do go.

30 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Hindsight obviously 

I’m not claiming to be saying that at the time I wasn’t elated like everyone else with the signings

but I’m certainly not now retrospectively giving rush praise like the post I commented on when it’s now become very apparent that he was not acting in the best interests of derby county 

What’s wrong with that 

I’m not saying told u so 

but when someone says rush did a good job for us ... I have to challenge that with ... as I say hindsight and information that has become to light since 

But someone making signings shouldn't be judged retrospectively, because how a player performs is beyond their control.

At the time the signings were made it was gushing praise of 'Sam always gets his man'.

Regarding the information that came to light, it will be interesting to see what the accounts say when they are released in the next few days. Regardless of whether it was an outstanding of court settlement or not, the financial impact (if any) of the settlement will be in the accounts somewhere.

7 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Low fees ?

not really ...

There is no mention of SR benefiting financially as the result of the giving contracts or anything else that the club wasn’t aware of.

That’s a pretty big allegation to level at him to be honest, as all intense and purposes you are accusing him of frauding the club, having studied a degree in this very subject, there are certain responsibilities as a Director that if you don’t abide to can’t land you in hot water, and I don’t mean just with civil law suits.

Was he tasked with bringing players in and overpaid to get that done given the budgets that were available to him, then that’s a different question, but to say he did it for his own financial gain is not as I believe an allegation that has come out of the club...if it has I stand corrected and apologies in advance.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But someone making signings shouldn't be judged retrospectively, because how a player performs is beyond their control.

At the time the signings were made it was gushing praise of 'Sam always gets his man'.

Regarding the information that came to light, it will be interesting to see what the accounts say when they are released in the next few days. Regardless of whether it was an outstanding of court settlement or not, the financial impact (if any) of the settlement will be in the accounts somewhere.

I think that’s where people are struggling to draw the line in what SR was originally accused of doing and what they think he actually did.

Do we now sack who ever was responsible for bringing Waghorn and Flo Jo in, if they flop next season because it cost a combined 7 million between them. 

Archived