Fans Forum @ Nunsfield House in Alvaston 27/3/19

David
Message added by David

Colin Gibson hosted Wednesday night's Fans Forum event with Owner and Executive Chairman Mel Morris CBE, manager Frank Lampard and Chief Executive Stephen Pearce. 

Watch the forum in full at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/watch-the-fans-forum-in-full

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I heard of the rumours, that’s all though. You prepared to state what SR actually did given you are ITK ?

I think Sam Rush actually did a good job.

We nearly went up.

He then did a good job of getting Thorne  and Ince etc for low fees.

Stopping Bryson going to Burnley. I am ITK on that one, and he had gone before Rush worked his magic.

We went after a targets and got them for a seemingly very good price.....

Dum dum deeeeeerrrrr

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

MM is in rather a better position to assess Pearce's value to the business than any of us. He actually works with the guy which one might reasonably expect to afford him a better insight than someone who never has.

And if we can't fairly assign any blame to Rush (and I'm not suggesting that we can), how is it then acceptable to rubbish Pearce, especially given none of us really know the exact details of what is alleged to have taken place? Doing so smacks of rank hypocrisy IMO.

But wasn't MM in a better position to assess Sam Rush? But let him carry out practices that he later had to sue him for?

Not saying Pearce is good or bad at his job as I have no idea but I think assuming he must be good because MM hasn't said otherwise would be unwise based on MMs history when it comes to employing people at DCFC.

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Still waiting..... had one meeting with Derby County back in September a few weeks after.... nothing since. Fair to say I’m not really interested in anything anymore with regards forums.

Appreciate the initial contact etc, and other things take over and other things being important. At least have the courtesy to say that we are putting stuff on hold or not doing it (talks of intitaives in the community which I could get involved in)

So I hope you can appreciate I take these fan forums with a pinch of salt for what they are..... a PR exercise. Not digging at you mate. Far from it 

I thought you went to the club not that long ago to do a talk with the academy players on gambling? (Unless I’m mistaken)

Just now, David said:

I thought you went to the club not that long ago to do a talk with the academy players on gambling? (Unless I’m mistaken)

That’s part of a EFL contract Epic Risk Management have with all 72 clubs. Epic asked me along, not Derby County. 

7 minutes ago, Norman said:

I think Sam Rush actually did a good job.

We nearly went up.

He then did a good job of getting Thorne  and Ince etc for low fees.

Stopping Bryson going to Burnley. I am ITK on that one, and he had gone before Rush worked his magic.

We went after a targets and got them for a seemingly very good price.....

Dum dum deeeeeerrrrr

That was certainly the concensus at the time too!

In the absence of any other evidence it's hard to see how people have changed their minds so dramatically. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But wasn't MM in a better position to assess Sam Rush? But let him carry out practices that he later had to sue him for?

How would I know? I'm not on the Derby board.

None of us no what level of autonomy Rush was afforded. My post related to some idiotic comments being made about Pearce. I don't know what MM was or wasn't aware of in regards to SR's tenure and nor does anyone else on here. Likewise Pearce.

All this chat is like a bloody sewing circle tbh.

Just now, Norman said:

But that isn't the point, Simon.

There you go again with the name calling, no wonder I can’t understand your point in you have to revert back to playground antics every time someone disagrees with you ?

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

There you go again with the name calling, no wonder I can’t understand your point in you have to revert back to playground antics every time someone disagrees with you ?

We aren't disagreeing. I see a court case, a sacking, an out of court agreement and some substanitial rumours.

You want concrete evidence knowing full well not even Mel Morris is allowed to talk about it publically.

You aren't making a point.

So I can't disagree, Simon.

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

That’s part of a EFL contract Epic Risk Management have with all 72 clubs. Epic asked me along, not Derby County. 

Stick with it mate. It needs saying again and again.

If gambling was discovered today you’d like to think it’d be banned or at least regulated beyond recognition. But probably not. Govt greed over ethics and morality on this one.

Smoking might ruin your life. Ah we can criticise that. Cancer is tangible, in your circle and therefore unavoidable and only then newsworthy. But not to the point where it’s banned to save lives etc eh. ££

Drinking might ruin your life. A few poxy adverts duscouraging a tinny with yer tea. Too much £ at stake for a real campaign. BMC say 20 units, 15 units, 10 units... well  erm just be careful out there. 

Gambling - the vast majority of gamblers suffer debt and aren’t ‘up’. But it’s been normalised beyond belief. Just stop when the fun stops though. 6 words to legitimise an entire industry of poo.

Cocaine is illegal. Apparently it’s highly addictive and ruins lives. Who would’ve though?!  (A bit moorish owd SuperHans might say. Granted that’s a lovely bit of crack). No £££ for the govt there though.

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

We aren't disagreeing. I see a court case, a sacking, an out of court agreement and some substanitial rumours.

You want concrete evidence knowing full well not even Mel Morris is allowed to talk about it publically.

You aren't making a point.

So I can't disagree.

The only court case Im aware off is one that Sam won for unfair dismissal.

Everything else you quote is unsubstantiated rumours, just because I am sticking to the facts, doesn’t mean my point is not valid, do you believe everything you read or are told ?

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

And another thing... why oh why is Stuart Pearce in charge of our finances. Utter lunacy... the Derby Way I suppose.

I thought it was phyllis pearce

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

The only court case Im aware off is one that Sam won for unfair dismissal.

Everything else you quote is unsubstantiated rumours, just because I am sticking to the facts, doesn’t mean my point is not valid, do you believe everything you read or are told ?

Mate, you asked over and over again. And a ducking again. I got bored of reading it.

So I asked if you knew about the rumours.

You obviously do.

Looks like youre fishing to me.

Did I say i believed them?

Did I say i thought he did a bad job?

Did I say why he is no longer working at Derby?

Bore off.

6 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Stick with it mate. It needs saying again and again.

If gambling was discovered today you’d like to think it’d be banned or at least regulated beyond recognition. But probably not. Govt greed over ethics and morality on this one.

Smoking might ruin your life. Ah we can criticise that. Cancer is tangible, in your circle and therefore unavoidable and only then newsworthy. But not to the point where it’s banned to save lives etc eh. ££

Drinking might ruin your life. A few poxy adverts duscouraging a tinny with yer tea. Too much £ at stake for a real campaign. BMC say 20 units, 15 units, 10 units... well  erm just be careful out there. 

Gambling - the vast majority of gamblers suffer debt and aren’t ‘up’. But it’s been normalised beyond belief. Just stop when the fun stops though. 6 words to legitimise an entire industry of poo.

Cocaine is illegal. Apparently it’s highly addictive and ruins lives. Who would’ve though?!  (A bit moorish owd SuperHans might say. Granted that’s a lovely bit of crack). No £££ for the govt there though.

I’m not anti gambling.

Take full responsibility for what I’ve done, I don’t campaign etc..... industry can do more, but I’d rather talk to them instead of blaming everyone and everything else like certain campaigners do 

Archived