Another Keogh thread

BriggRam

I really don’t want this to be perceived as a Keogh hating or blaming Keogh type thread, I know he has been great this season, I know he is Derby through and through, the balls he shown to take them last penalties against Man U and Southampton just outstanding...but .....I’m  thinking it’s time for him to go, year after year we seem to just mentally collapse, and I just feel that what what we need is a complete clear out, I know this summer lots of players contracts are up and they’ll be gone, but will Richards, he has been Derby captain for years he is the man on the pitch that should be leading, he should be giving the players the inspiration to raise the game when needed, our mentality seems to be cultural, he is part of that culture due to the time he has been at the club, I think the culture needs to change, like I say I’m no hating on him, he has been a great servant to the club, I just think he lacks that final mental strength, assertiveness, and leadership to get us over the line...... let the slating begin ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t get what people are expecting him to do 

“Midfield, don’t be crap at football! Can you be as good at linking up play as Will please Craigy?”

”Harry, I know you’re being marked more tightly now, but thwack some goals in please.” 

“Four cap England international Tom Huddlestone, your passing is off tonight, stop being crap at passing.” 

3 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

So you enjoy the yearly collapse ?

I doubt whether the current slump is really anything to do with keogh other than he seems to enjoy the endless knobbing around at the back.

16 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

I really don’t want this to be perceived as a Keogh hating or blaming Keogh type thread, I know he has been great this season, I know he is Derby through and through, the balls he shown to take them last penalties against Man U and Southampton just outstanding...but .....I’m  thinking it’s time for him to go, year after year we seem to just mentally collapse, and I just feel that what what we need is a complete clear out, I know this summer lots of players contracts are up and they’ll be gone, but will Richards, he has been Derby captain for years he is the man on the pitch that should be leading, he should be giving the players the inspiration to raise the game when needed, our mentality seems to be cultural, he is part of that culture due to the time he has been at the club, I think the culture needs to change, like I say I’m no hating on him, he has been a great servant to the club, I just think he lacks that final mental strength, assertiveness, and leadership to get us over the line...... let the slating begin ?

Was it really necessary to start this thread.

So, it's not a Keogh blaming thread and yet your criticism of him as a captain and his mental strength etc. is quite blatant.

This always crops up when we're doing a bit crap. A genuine question, what exactly do you believe he should be, or shouldn't be doing in games like Millwall, Ipswich etc. as the caption? And don't just answer with crap like 'he needs to show more leadership.' What can he as the captain do to influence a change in those types of games when things aren't going well? 

19 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

This always crops up when we're doing a bit crap. A genuine question, what exactly do you believe he should be, or shouldn't be doing in games like Millwall, Ipswich etc. as the caption? And don't just answer with crap like 'he needs to show more leadership.' What can he as the captain do to influence a change in those types of games when things aren't going well? 

Tell Frank Lampard that playing 38 year-old Ashley Cole at wing-back is stupid? ??

45 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

Well that took no time at all to become the Richard blaming thread that you were at pains to explain that it wasn’t ,,,,,,, jeez there is no link to keough in the slightest in terms of our recent downturn in performance and results but hey ho 

59 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

It’s going to cost a lot of money to replace him, I’d say to get the equivalent talent you are looking at over £4 million!

So, where’s the money coming from and which area of the squad are you going to neglect to replace Keogh?

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Well that took no time at all to become the Richard blaming thread that you were at pains to explain that it wasn’t ,,,,,,, jeez there is no link to keough in the slightest in terms of our recent downturn in performance and results but hey ho 

The strange thing is that the “ yearly collapse” seems to revolve around one player.

I wonder what the rest of the squad are up too.......playing a blinder no doubt ?

1 hour ago, Barnetbyram said:

Keogh is always going to be the common denominator,personally I think that’s a lazy convenient link.

Like I said,it’s a fair question to ask.

Who could we get to replace him?

We’re going to have to start thinking about it?

Keogh just sent a signed shirt up for my son to do all his hospital visits with so I’m going to stick up for him a little bit more vigoursly.

I think this is a good thread btw.

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

The strange thing is that the “ yearly collapse” seems to revolve around one player.

I wonder what the rest of the squad are up too.......playing a blinder no doubt ?

14/15 - spine absolutely decimated by injuries. 

15/16 - the system had an over reliance on moments of magic which dried up.

16/17 - after the gritty, backs to the wall winning run Mac 2 tried to change the system too quickly, believing De Sart and Nugent were enough to replicate Mac 1.

17/18 - thought we played without a system all season and relied on Vydra. We looked good when we switched to 5 at the back and had some identity. 

Even if this season turns into another, the reason would be an over reliance on screamers and clinical finishing again. 

Archived