Another Keogh thread

BriggRam

1 hour ago, Barnetbyram said:

I really don’t want this to be perceived as a Keogh hating or blaming Keogh type thread, I know he has been great this season, I know he is Derby through and through, the balls he shown to take them last penalties against Man U and Southampton just outstanding...but .....I’m  thinking it’s time for him to go, year after year we seem to just mentally collapse, and I just feel that what what we need is a complete clear out, I know this summer lots of players contracts are up and they’ll be gone, but will Richards, he has been Derby captain for years he is the man on the pitch that should be leading, he should be giving the players the inspiration to raise the game when needed, our mentality seems to be cultural, he is part of that culture due to the time he has been at the club, I think the culture needs to change, like I say I’m no hating on him, he has been a great servant to the club, I just think he lacks that final mental strength, assertiveness, and leadership to get us over the line...... let the slating begin ?

You're talking out your arse

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don’t want this to be perceived as a Keogh hating or blaming Keogh type thread, I know he has been great this season, I know he is Derby through and through, the balls he shown to take them last penalties against Man U and Southampton just outstanding...but .....I’m  thinking it’s time for him to go, year after year we seem to just mentally collapse, and I just feel that what what we need is a complete clear out, I know this summer lots of players contracts are up and they’ll be gone, but will Richards, he has been Derby captain for years he is the man on the pitch that should be leading, he should be giving the players the inspiration to raise the game when needed, our mentality seems to be cultural, he is part of that culture due to the time he has been at the club, I think the culture needs to change, like I say I’m no hating on him, he has been a great servant to the club, I just think he lacks that final mental strength, assertiveness, and leadership to get us over the line...... let the slating begin ?

You may as well have started a thread slating Lampards judgement then as he's picked Keogh every time this season when he's been available.

Had the guts to take the penalty against Southampton too which is probably more than can be said about yourself 

14 minutes ago, Archied said:

Well that took no time at all to become the Richard blaming thread that you were at pains to explain that it wasn’t ,,,,,,, jeez there is no link to keough in the slightest in terms of our recent downturn in performance and results but hey ho 

That was a tongue in cheek bit of banter response, just my humour pal.....,look I’m not blaming Keogh, I’m not sure what I expect him to do when we are walking about the pitch with no urgency with no will to win, I’m not a professional footballer......my view is that we need rebuilding and I feel if players that have been influential in what has happened at the same time every season for the last 5 years are still here then maybe there is a link.....i always noticed that when Curtis Davies was in the team that it was him giving the pep talk in the team huddle before kick off even when Keogh was captain and playing 

So you enjoy the yearly collapse ?

Look at goals scored versus goals conceded. Then look at our league position and decide who’s keeping their end up. 

you want to blame Keogh ? I suggest taking a long pensive walk .... on a very short pier. 

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Before you start posting deliberately contentious ill informed twaddle on here prior to hitting the send button you should prepare yourself for the totally justified responses that you will receive 

Noted ??????

So you enjoy the yearly collapse ?

33 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Keogh is always going to be the common denominator,personally I think that’s a lazy convenient link.

Hmmm... actually, maybe it's not quite that simple?

I could question whether the common denominator is even on the pitch.

I presume many of us on here have been regular and consistent witness to these so called annual collapses.

Maybe one of us is the jinx!

Any volunteers to give next season a miss, and see what happens?  Perhaps we can all take it in turns... one season each... until things pick up?  How many members have we got on here?  ;-)

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I presume many of us on here have been regular and consistent witness to these so called annual collapses.

Any volunteers to give next season a miss, and see what happens?  Perhaps we can all take it in turns... one season each... until things pick up?  How many members have we got on here?  ;-)

I don't see why us fans should miss out.

Appoint Keogh as manager and let him sort out his own mess.

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Any volunteers to give next season a miss, and see what happens?  Perhaps we can all take it in turns... one season each... until things pick up?  How many members have we got on here?  ?

I’ll take responsibility,our trips to games usually end in disaster anyway.

I really don't believe that this is the case.

The culture changes every few months anyway, given how often the manager changes.

To get rid of the one constant, who's shown the mental strength and ability to satisfy every single manager seems bizarre, almost superstitious.

2 hours ago, Barnetbyram said:

1. Don't believe you

2. Contradicting your previous sentence

3. Why do you think every manager we have had picks him?

4. Have you seen any of our games this season? Any of them at all?

5. Ok

28 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Any volunteers to give next season a miss, and see what happens?  Perhaps we can all take it in turns... one season each... until things pick up?  How many members have we got on here?  ?

Not one of us, but maybe collectively.....!

41 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Not sure how old you are but it's Saturday night and you need to get out more .It might give you a better perspective on life and stop you posting comment s that have been covered many times elsewhere and is still balls.

I’m 7 pal, and unfortunately the street lights are on which means I have to stay in 

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who will you blame if Keogh was left out?

Keogh for the fact that he has left his legacy..........that’s a joke by the way... like I say I’m not blaming, I just think a total change of the old guard might MIGHT change attitude....I knew starting this thread would be controversial, I am not great with words I maybe haven’t expressed what I mean clearly, I genuinely am not slagging off Richard Keoghs passion, and loyalty and game, I’m questioning the underlying problem that is Derby County screwing the promising season we are having up at the same time consistently for the last 5 years, and would a new captain without that burden on his mind not possibly effect everyone else

Archived