Another Keogh thread

BriggRam

4 hours ago, Barnetbyram said:

I really don’t want this to be perceived as a Keogh hating or blaming Keogh type thread, I know he has been great this season, I know he is Derby through and through, the balls he shown to take them last penalties against Man U and Southampton just outstanding...but .....I’m  thinking it’s time for him to go, year after year we seem to just mentally collapse, and I just feel that what what we need is a complete clear out, I know this summer lots of players contracts are up and they’ll be gone, but will Richards, he has been Derby captain for years he is the man on the pitch that should be leading, he should be giving the players the inspiration to raise the game when needed, our mentality seems to be cultural, he is part of that culture due to the time he has been at the club, I think the culture needs to change, like I say I’m no hating on him, he has been a great servant to the club, I just think he lacks that final mental strength, assertiveness, and leadership to get us over the line...... let the slating begin ?

Consider yourself slated!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Barnetbyram said:

... I genuinely am not slagging off Richard Keoghs passion, and loyalty and game, I’m questioning the underlying problem that is Derby County screwing the promising season we are having up at the same time consistently for the last 5 years, and would a new captain without that burden on his mind not possibly effect everyone else

Then consider the obvious - we've not been good enough. All of the team, not just one player or person. That's it for whatever reason. Not Keogh.

16 hours ago, Barnetbyram said:

I’m 7 pal, and unfortunately the street lights are on which means I have to stay in 

Setting aside the premise of your argument, I'd like to commend you on on your grammar and spelling which is much more akin to that of an 11 year old than a lad of your tender age. Well done! 

There might be a move for keogh at the end of the season.

Last chance for a move and a decent contract offer.

a third POTY award will raise his profile.

Wouldn't surprise me.

On 23/02/2019 at 16:16, Barnetbyram said:

I really don’t want this to be perceived as a Keogh hating or blaming Keogh type thread, I know he has been great this season, I know he is Derby through and through, the balls he shown to take them last penalties against Man U and Southampton just outstanding...but .....I’m  thinking it’s time for him to go, year after year we seem to just mentally collapse, and I just feel that what what we need is a complete clear out, I know this summer lots of players contracts are up and they’ll be gone, but will Richards, he has been Derby captain for years he is the man on the pitch that should be leading, he should be giving the players the inspiration to raise the game when needed, our mentality seems to be cultural, he is part of that culture due to the time he has been at the club, I think the culture needs to change, like I say I’m no hating on him, he has been a great servant to the club, I just think he lacks that final mental strength, assertiveness, and leadership to get us over the line...... let the slating begin ?

Why is Keogh synonymous with our mentality? Other players have been here for a while and this player, Keogh keeps getting player of the year awards etc. Why do 'fans' think our mental collapse is down to Keogh? Its a squad game. not one man. Plus he's probably been our best player this season or at least one of the better ones (again).

On 23/02/2019 at 17:35, cannable said:

14/15 - spine absolutely decimated by injuries. 

15/16 - the system had an over reliance on moments of magic which dried up.

16/17 - after the gritty, backs to the wall winning run Mac 2 tried to change the system too quickly, believing De Sart and Nugent were enough to replicate Mac 1.

17/18 - thought we played without a system all season and relied on Vydra. We looked good when we switched to 5 at the back and had some identity. 

Even if this season turns into another, the reason would be an over reliance on screamers and clinical finishing again. 

Lol conveniently ignore the 13/14 season. 

4 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Ok so he wasn't at fault. Gotcha. 

I don’t get where you’re going

This thread is about some weird faux leadership issue 

Even if your point were valid, which it is though with a great deal of context, it still has no purpose towards augmenting the op’s argument 

5 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Ok so he wasn't at fault. Gotcha. 

No he was at fault, obviously, but so were 10+ other people that day, some possibly even more culpable than keogh (I'd include McClaren in this to some extent, the decision to not start Bryson that day still confuses me, even if he wasn't fully fit)

On 23/02/2019 at 17:18, Ramarena said:

It’s going to cost a lot of money to replace him, I’d say to get the equivalent talent you are looking at over £4 million!

So, where’s the money coming from and which area of the squad are you going to neglect to replace Keogh?

How do you replace Keoghs commitment, dedication, fitness levels,consistency and enthusiasm?Hardly ever missed a game for us,irrespective of who has managed us, and a true professional.

• 2 months later...

Archived