Another Keogh thread

BriggRam

On 23/02/2019 at 16:16, Barnetbyram said:

I really don’t want this to be perceived as a Keogh hating or blaming Keogh type thread, I know he has been great this season, I know he is Derby through and through, the balls he shown to take them last penalties against Man U and Southampton just outstanding...but .....I’m  thinking it’s time for him to go, year after year we seem to just mentally collapse, and I just feel that what what we need is a complete clear out, I know this summer lots of players contracts are up and they’ll be gone, but will Richards, he has been Derby captain for years he is the man on the pitch that should be leading, he should be giving the players the inspiration to raise the game when needed, our mentality seems to be cultural, he is part of that culture due to the time he has been at the club, I think the culture needs to change, like I say I’m no hating on him, he has been a great servant to the club, I just think he lacks that final mental strength, assertiveness, and leadership to get us over the line...... let the slating begin ?

I am sure if their was a more suitable captain the likes of Frank and all the other managers would have discovered one in the ranks,God only knows we have a big enough squad. Think replacing Keogh i would want to strengthen other areas of the team first and let's face it at what cost to replace him with anyone significantly better? Then take into account his ability to play week in week out,his character after are last Wembley performance to take all the flack,never heard him say one outspoken comment about the club,fans or previous poo managers.The fact he has again performed week in week out for us,showing guts to take penalties and just secured us a place at Wembley with an unbelievable performance.You think he should go?.Buggers belief.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

What complete ?? started this thread

?

Far be it from me to point out the obvious, but as my lovely wife says, “you must allow people to change” 

Anyway, King Richard .. ever present, biggest lunchbox penalty taker ever, Franz Backenbauer in disguise, defence splitting pass maker, ball playing centre back, leader of men. Our flipping captain and an example of passion and commitment to a cause that we could all benefit from following. 

Archived