Efe Ambrose - Signed on short term deal

Fraser_23

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be nice chaps. Perfectly polite guest who's on here providing us with an insight as to what to expect from Efe. No need for the comments rubbishing the SPL really. 

On thread, thanks @Le God Looking forward to seeing Efe play. Seems we might have stumbled on a bit of a gem really. Hope he's not too error-prone though as some of ours aren't exactly forgiving. Keogh's been our best defender for some years now but gets torn a new one every time he makes a mistake so Efe will need to have substance behind the style. That said, most Rams fans appreciate a ball-playing defender and he seems an affable lad. Hopefully it'll be a good match for him and Derby. 

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

Be nice chaps. Perfectly polite guest who's on here providing us with an insight as to what to expect from Efe. No need for the comments rubbishing the SPL really. 

On thread, thanks @Le God Looking forward to seeing Efe play. Seems we might have stumbled on a bit of a gem really. Hope he's not too error-prone though as some of ours aren't exactly forgiving. Keogh's been our best defender for some years now but gets torn a new one every time he makes a mistake so Efe will need to have substance behind the style. That said, most Rams fans appreciate a ball-playing defender and he seems an affable lad. Hopefully it'll be a good match for him and Derby. 

Quite a few posters seem to have to be aggressively negative about Derby when we lose or draw or seem to have an off performance. I think social media has given a platform to those who are that way inclined. Not surprised therefore that this happens.

On 15/02/2019 at 20:31, Le God said:

Off topic but does anyone know anything about Heckingbottom? If i'm being honest, I can't help but feel underwhelmed, especially after our last manager but willing to give him a chance obviously. 

This quote from Wikipedia.

"After working as a coach with Barnsley's Development Squad, Heckingbottom took caretaker charge after Danny Wilson was sacked by the club in 2015. He was again made caretaker after the departure of Lee Johnson to Bristol City in 2016. During the latter spell, he guided Barnsley to the Football League Trophy final, beating Oxford United 3–2 at Wembley to be crowned winners and later to beating Millwall 3–1 in the League One play-off final in the same season. His success as caretaker after leading Barnsley to winning the club's first cup final since 1912 as well promotion to the Championship led to him being appointed permanent head coach.[27][28]

On 15 June 2016, it was announced that Heckingbottom had signed a 12-month rolling contract as Barnsley head coach.[29] The good form and results continued for the first half of the 2016-17 Championship season as the club ended 2016 in 9th position in the table. Heckingbottom was awarded Sports Hero of the Year by The Yorkshire Post"

How much of this was due to the squad Lee Johnson had assembled, I'm not sure, but my mate from Barnsley quite rated him. Johnson took Barnsley from just about rock bottom of Div 1 in November, to promotion contenders, at which point he was poached by Bristol City, who are now going pretty well in the championship.

Don't suppose that helps much but I for one wish him well!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

Once we are officially unable to make the playoffs I reckon we will give him a run out as a possible Tomori replacement. Still, I'm surprised he hasn't made the bench.

Wisdom and Cole on the bench meant all 3 defensive positions covered. Replace either with Ambrose and we’ll have considerably weaker full back cover on one of the sides

Archived