Efe Ambrose - Signed on short term deal

Fraser_23

12 minutes ago, Topram said:

Funny isn’t it that some of our fans are saying he’s poo, never seen him play but 90% of fans from the clubs he’s played for are saying what a player we’ve got...?

come on, you've got to get the hatred started early so you pick on every mistake immediately

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/02/2019 at 11:46, cheron85 said:

This sums it up for me - Making mistakes against a side who've won Serie A the last 7 (?) seasons in a row and seen solid performances in the champions league over the same period is a little different to playing against Rotherham - The number of people who think because a player isn't good enough for/against a top European side means they can't play for us is astounding

I'm going to be a little controversial here but - I think Juventus are a bit better than us at the moment...

Don't get me wrong, he's still very capable of ducking up against teams like Rotherham as he'll be trying mad poo like this

c1QZPA8.gifxujYuHn.gif&key=f15a93274fd0c5f1a7f865cciFqYkBRz9ebpH.gif

(unfortunately one's against us) 

He's also made mistakes against partick and Aberdeen as well as juve

It's just whether you're able to accept the inevitable odd calamity for a guy who's an incredibly classy player the rest of the time. 

He'll never make big crunching tackles or last ditch tackles because he reads the game well enough to not have to. On top of this he's great going forward, there were times this season when he was almost our most exciting player going forward despite being a centre half (safe to say its been a dreadful season likes) 

Don't know how patient a support yous are (only get to the odd game) but there was an infuriating fraction of people in our own support who used to call him hopeless despite the fact he was probably our best player. Most I'd imagine are the type who only come out at Cup finals, big games of the odd European night 

52 minutes ago, Le God said:

Don't get me wrong, he's still very capable of ducking up against teams like Rotherham as he'll be trying mad poo like this

It's just whether you're able to accept the inevitable odd calamity for a guy who's an incredibly classy player the rest of the time. 

He'll never make big crunching tackles or last ditch tackles because he reads the game well enough to not have to. On top of this he's great going forward, there were times this season when he was almost our most exciting player going forward despite being a centre half (safe to say its been a dreadful season likes) 

Don't know how patient a support yous are (only get to the odd game) but there was an infuriating fraction of people in our own support who used to call him hopeless despite the fact he was probably our best player. Most I'd imagine are the type who only come out at Cup finals, big games of the odd European night 

Don’t worry he’s got a perfect soulmate in our very own Richard Keogh; aside from Keogh can do a tackle with bite, sounds like we will have competition.

1 hour ago, Le God said:

Oh dear...... this won’t go down well with our fan base!

It feels like i'm having the opposite effect to what I was trying ?

It must be said that Lenny managed to iron out a lot of the needless risks he was taking and I genuinely don't remember the last mistake he made, certainly none this season or the 2nd half of last. Wouldn't want him to completely change though as that's what makes him such a good player.

Off topic but does anyone know anything about Heckingbottom? If i'm being honest, I can't help but feel underwhelmed, especially after our last manager but willing to give him a chance obviously. 

1 hour ago, Le God said:

It must be said that Lenny managed to iron out a lot of the needless risks he was taking and I genuinely don't remember the last mistake he made, certainly none this season or the 2nd half of last. Wouldn't want him to completely change though as that's what makes him such a good player.

Off topic but does anyone know anything about Heckingbottom? If i'm being honest, I can't help but feel underwhelmed, especially after our last manager but willing to give him a chance obviously. 

Did absolute wonders at Barnsley to be fair to him. They played fast, counter-attacking football and played us off the park once at the beginning of Nigel Pearson's reign here *shudder*

I don't think it was ever going to go right for him at Leeds. Surprised he hasn't popped up again in the Championship.

Out of interest - why did Lennon go? Seemed popular from what some of my family said (though they are all Rangers fans I'm afraid!)

25 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Out of interest - why did Lennon go? Seemed popular from what some of my family said (though they are all Rangers fans I'm afraid!)

Ooft, that's unfortunate ? I'd struggle to name a more despicable club in world football. 

Wish I knew the answer to that question. He was suspended which led to all sorts of ridiculous twitter rumours ranging from battering one of the players to calling our chief executive a 'dyke'. All of which were obviously rubbish but that's the age of social media for you unfortunately. Something clearly happened but don't think we'll ever find out. 

Love the guy and we played some of the best football I've ever seen us play in the 2nd half of last season but we lost our whole midfield in the summer and failed to adequately replace them. Results have been dreadful this season and we're in the bottom 6 so a change maybe isn't the worst thing in the world. 

On 13/02/2019 at 12:58, HantsRam said:

Good to see our back 4 gerontocracy being recreated with Ashley and Efe being brought in to keep an eye on that young whippersnapper Richard Keogh......?

Yes I believe he is only 17 according to some quality Nigerian documentation?however should you require a more experienced defender further quality Nigerian documentation may be provided at any age  requested including doctorates in medicine,nuclear physics and brain surgery subject to improved contractual negotions. ?

10 hours ago, Le God said:

I think he will do well with you. As @Nuwtfly said, he created a very good side at Barnsley. 

He will go about his business in a quiet way and wont give out as much sound bites as Lennon. Im not sure who else you would of gone for, Stevie Ferguson at Ross County maybe? 

Wouldnt surprise me if he tried to get Liam Lindsay back up the road, and he will know Stevie Mallan. 

All the best in the Scottish cup quarter finals. 

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 22:41, Le God said:

I reckon yous will fall in love with Efe very quickly, to be honest I still haven't gotten over him leaving.

He will always have the occasional Efe moment when he thinks he's George Best and makes you poo yourself but 99% of the time he could be playing with a cigar and slippers, everything just looks so effortless. He's a brilliant defender and his ability to start an attack from the back is something we have sorely missed since he's left and think it'll be a long time before we have a defender capable of that again.

His reputation precedes himself and people always call him a bombscare, despite barely having seen him play, cause he's made a couple of high profile mistakes, most notably in the champions league against Juve.

I was equally as gutted when Efe left as when McGinn did and I'm jealous that yous get the pleasure of watching him and really hope the move works out.

My personal favourite flip of his

images.jpg

UCKjDE2.jpg

Be interesting to see how he copes with playing in a league 3 or 4 levels above the SPL...

Archived