Efe Ambrose - Signed on short term deal

Fraser_23

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

If he can still do those somersaults he's worth signing for those alone.

When have you ever seen Keogh do that?

Boo Keogh!

There. That's better.?

Can you imagine the carnage if Keogh did have a go...  We'd have to keep the front 3 rows empty behind each goal!  

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Anon said:

I'm a little bit ambivalent about this transfer. On the one hand Ambrose hasn't looked great when I've seen him play, on the other hand I know Chris Sutton has a massive hate boner for the guy and Chris Sutton is possibly the worst pundit around and manages to be consistently wrong about everything.

Your assessment is spot on...

Of Chris Sutton. 

Not a clue about Efe.

58 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Used to be a bloke at Buxton a couple of years ago who could do that, Joel Bembo-Leta. He was a full-back so he didn't score many. The celebration was worth the wait though

I want to see him do that celebration in front of the Trent end having scored a last minute winner...

Not interested in the 'he is terrible' no 'he is great ' debate.  Fact that he is that age and played at the level he has on these shores...and is available on a free and is coming to us...tells you all you need to know.  Much like if a rival fan asked about Keogh we would all agree what 'type' of player he is; the disagreement would be around how effective he was and how many off days and mistakes he suffered. 

FWIW he sounds like the 'type' of player we need. Willing to receive the ball, happy to put a foot in, has a bit of a personality... gets a resounding thumbs up from me.  We are lacking power, someone to bully attackers from crosses, more vocal input for the young lads... we don't need another young developing defender at the moment.  If he is at the worst end of expectations then he will quickly be adequate back up for Keogh, at the more positive end he could be a vital player...so I am very hopeful it works out!!

Derby fans are a riot! (I count myself among)

1. Absolute pandemonium when Derby can’t get a CB across the line during the most expensive time to buy one

2. Brings in (on trial/and a free transfer) an accomplished CB/RB for (cover)that shows the types of traits the boss wants in a CB/RB

3. Fan base explodes that Derby must be daft! We had a CB cover (man who hasn’t been able to crack the bench.) Why bring in this dross!!!

4. I’m sitting here just waiting to see if he even makes the team. If he does- great! Backup for the run in. Which is more then Pearce showed.

Typing this on the fly...I’m sure I’m missing some points to make...just wanted to fire off a message.

Coyr 

14 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

From what I've read he's only on a trial at the moment.

I think it's very doubtful he would sign a 6 month deal. I reckon we'd have to offer him 18 months at least. He apparently turned down a new 3 year deal at Hibs to cancel his contract and at 30 he knows his time is running out to get a long deal.

If what you are supposing was in the least bit true,Why would the guy come for a trail knowing its only for 6 months? Maybe like it was said about Pearce he wants to play and at Derby he has a chance

7 hours ago, Hanny said:

Derby fans are a riot! (I count myself among)

1. Absolute pandemonium when Derby can’t get a CB across the line during the most expensive time to buy one

2. Brings in (on trial/and a free transfer) an accomplished CB/RB for (cover)that shows the types of traits the boss wants in a CB/RB

3. Fan base explodes that Derby must be daft! We had a CB cover (man who hasn’t been able to crack the bench.) Why bring in this dross!!!

4. I’m sitting here just waiting to see if he even makes the team. If he does- great! Backup for the run in. Which is more then Pearce showed.

Typing this on the fly...I’m sure I’m missing some points to make...just wanted to fire off a message.

Coyr 

You missed out a couple of points.

He’s rubbish obviously but won’t be as rubbish as Keogh.

And he can do loads of backflips(which Keogh can’t).

Archived