Sign in to follow this  
AmericanRam

Adrenaline Junkie

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

The only thing I would draw the line with is caves. Why the hell would anyone do that. 

I went caving once with the scouts. I can do heights and dangerous animals all day long. But I don’t really like close spaces or water. 

PS I also stroked a wild alligator, and kissed a baby anaconda. 

Just remembered, I also did sand boarding in Namibia and Ica. It’s like snowboarding, but in a sand dune, it’s very good fun. As a beginner, you just lie on the snowboard and essentially sled down. Got a bit over confident in Ica, and thought it would be dead easy to stand up, ended up tumbling arse over tit down the dune and nearly killed myself. Excellent fun. 

Also, while camping in the Ngorogoro crater, a full grown male lion rubbed up against me through my tent, and then did a turd outside the tent. I thought the ranger was joking when they told us not to move, there was a lion roaming through the camp site, til I found these massive footprints outside the tent, and a big steaming turf outside the door. 

Dont know if that counts as Adrenalin junkie though, as I was too stupid to understand what was happening. 

I always say there’s a difference between fearlessness and bravery. Fearlessness is being too stupid / unaware of the danger to be afraid, bravery is being clever enough to be completely aware of the danger, but doing it anyway. I definitely fit into the former category. 

(Sorry for going all one up in this thread, I’m in my element here, reliving some past adventures).

Edited by TigerTedd

If there's one thing that i have absolutely no desire to try, its jumping out of an aircraft

not interested in seeing whether my spine can handle a bungee jump either.

Saw a photo once of a bloke who'd done a bungee jump and he was hanging upside down having shat himself.

not my idea of fun 

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

He doesn’t look like he’s enjoying that and the bloke behind looks a bit shady☹️.

He was worried before but loved it after. Seems to be most people’s feedback. He said the geezer he jumped with was a proper laugh. 

Living the dream he is. Back to reality soon. 

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

He was worried before but loved it after. Seems to be most people’s feedback. He said the geezer he jumped with was a proper laugh. 

Living the dream he is. Back to reality soon. 

I remember on mine, the guy I was strapped to was huge. I’m a tall guy, over 6ft, and I looked like a baby strapped to his chest. 

I lost my video and photos of it though, which is gutting. 

My mate keeps trying to get me to do a sky dive. He did one last year and never shuts up about it.

Anyway, I have a fear of heights & my toes ache just watching something high up on TV. I was even listening to a review of a free climbing film on the radio the other week and even that gave me sweaty palms & achy feet while I was driving.

I'm fine if enclosed (I like the window seat on planes, for example) but if I'm not, I just imagine myself jumping or falling. My palms are sweating up just typing this FFS.

I'm interested to know if it might cure me or not. Anyone have any experience of this?

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

My mate keeps trying to get me to do a sky dive. He did one last year and never shuts up about it.

Anyway, I have a fear of heights & my toes ache just watching something high up on TV. I was even listening to a review of a free climbing film on the radio the other week and even that gave me sweaty palms & achy feet while I was driving.

I'm fine if enclosed (I like the window seat on planes, for example) but if I'm not, I just imagine myself jumping or falling. My palms are sweating up just typing this FFS.

I'm interested to know if it might cure me or not. Anyone have any experience of this?

Tell your mate he’s stupid. You’re looking for a cure for something that is perfectly natural, heights are terrifing and rightly so, fall from height you go splat.

Don’t do it. 

Here is one that should give you an Adrenalin Rush,try climbing a frozen waterfall,I've heard that the waterfall on Kinder Scout is a dificult climb,though you might have to wait for the next prolonged winter weather spell.Good luck to you.