Adrenaline Junkie

AmericanRam

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

He doesn’t look like he’s enjoying that and the bloke behind looks a bit shady☹️.

He was worried before but loved it after. Seems to be most people’s feedback. He said the geezer he jumped with was a proper laugh. 

Living the dream he is. Back to reality soon. 

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

He was worried before but loved it after. Seems to be most people’s feedback. He said the geezer he jumped with was a proper laugh. 

Living the dream he is. Back to reality soon. 

I remember on mine, the guy I was strapped to was huge. I’m a tall guy, over 6ft, and I looked like a baby strapped to his chest. 

I lost my video and photos of it though, which is gutting. 

My mate keeps trying to get me to do a sky dive. He did one last year and never shuts up about it.

Anyway, I have a fear of heights & my toes ache just watching something high up on TV. I was even listening to a review of a free climbing film on the radio the other week and even that gave me sweaty palms & achy feet while I was driving.

I'm fine if enclosed (I like the window seat on planes, for example) but if I'm not, I just imagine myself jumping or falling. My palms are sweating up just typing this FFS.

I'm interested to know if it might cure me or not. Anyone have any experience of this?

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

My mate keeps trying to get me to do a sky dive. He did one last year and never shuts up about it.

Anyway, I have a fear of heights & my toes ache just watching something high up on TV. I was even listening to a review of a free climbing film on the radio the other week and even that gave me sweaty palms & achy feet while I was driving.

I'm fine if enclosed (I like the window seat on planes, for example) but if I'm not, I just imagine myself jumping or falling. My palms are sweating up just typing this FFS.

I'm interested to know if it might cure me or not. Anyone have any experience of this?

Tell your mate he’s stupid. You’re looking for a cure for something that is perfectly natural, heights are terrifing and rightly so, fall from height you go splat.

Don’t do it. 

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

You don't need a parachute to sky dive ,you only need one to do it twice.

On 05/02/2019 at 16:35, TigerTedd said:

I’d have to consider myself one. Certainly there was a time before kids curtailed my adventures. 

To name a few exploits:

- white water rafting on the black nile grade 5 rapids in Uganda. 

- swimming with sharks in South Africa (with a broken arm in plaster cast that I had to keep above the water). 

- bungee jumping off the Victoria falls bridge (where I broke my arm in the first place).

- sky diving (tandem) in Northamptonshire. 

- the thrillology of AJ Hackett bungee jumps in queenstown NZ. 

- paragliding (is that the one with the little motorbike beneath a hangglider) over the Zambezi river. 

I loved bungee jumping by the 4th one. On the first one, I remember being quite nervous but generally happy on the build up, then absolutely terrified on the way down. You see the river getting closer, but you don’t see the rope getting tighter, so you think that’s that. I remeber on the second one, that feeling cane back when I was waiting, so I was super nervous, but then when I jumped, I felt great, vos I think this time I knew what to expect. By the 4th I did a reverse elevator plunge, and lost my contacts. 

I’d like to do another sky dive, I felt like I did on my first bungee jump for that, and feel like I didn’t enjoy it as much as I should have on the way down. I think next time will be like my second bungee jump, and I’ll just be able to let it go and enjoy myself. 

Sky diving in Northamptonshire???? Boring ?

Ooh... Ooh... Just remembered... must be getting on for 10 years ago now(?)... How could I have forgotten... I only went and bloody zip-wired all the way from the back row of the SW Upper corner to the lower echelons of the NE Corner... and all for Charidee, of course, so not only handsome and brave, but outrageously generous and thoughtful too! 

As there were no more than 40 or so people in the whole stadium/stands, it was fantastic to give a long, slow, and loud "Come on you Rams", as I whizzed over the centre circle.  The echo/acoustics was very much reminiscent of Tarzan, circa 1973. 

I loved it, and have always said since, I quite fancy having a go at that big zip-wire doodah in Wales somewhere, but haven't got around to it, as yet.

Being a roofer, I haven't as yet come across any heights that have actually scared me as yet... but jumping out of planes?  Shove that for a game of soldiers!  I'm Oot!  

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ooh... Ooh... Just remembered... must be getting on for 10 years ago now(?)... How could I have forgotten... I only went and bloody zip-wired all the way from the back row of the SW Upper corner to the lower echelons of the NE Corner... and all for Charidee, of course, so not only handsome and brave, but outrageously generous and thoughtful too! 

As there were no more than 40 or so people in the whole stadium/stands, it was fantastic to give a long, slow, and loud "Come on you Rams", as I whizzed over the centre circle.  The echo/acoustics was very much reminiscent of Tarzan, circa 1973. 

I loved it, and have always said since, I quite fancy having a go at that big zip-wire doodah in Wales somewhere, but haven't got around to it, as yet.

Being a roofer, I haven't as yet come across any heights that have actually scared me as yet... but jumping out of planes?  Shove that for a game of soldiers!  I'm Oot!  

But surely falling from a roof and falling from a plane will both kill you. After a certain height, it doesn’t really matter, so why is it scarier. 

PS I totally forgot that I abseiled down the nurses tower block at the old DRI once for charity. I was supposed to raise about £300, but I wasn’t very good / couldn’t be arsed, so my dad ended up paying about £250 to top up what I’d raised. 

Archived