Adrenaline Junkie

AmericanRam

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

But surely falling from a roof and falling from a plane will both kill you. After a certain height, it doesn’t really matter, so why is it scarier. 

PS I totally forgot that I abseiled down the nurses tower block at the old DRI once for charity. I was supposed to raise about £300, but I wasn’t very good / couldn’t be arsed, so my dad ended up paying about £250 to top up what I’d raised. 

I've never been scared of falling from a plane (Que sera, sera, an' all that!)... it's the deliberate jumping I just can't fathom!!  Why, just why!!

I was once all geared up to abseil down Black Rock, but the wimp of an instructor chickened out all because of a foot of snow, and we ended up doing it (Ooh er... I mean abseiling)... from a farty little lump of rock, about as high as one of those luxury coaches you see on the motorway... the ones with a few steps down to the toilet.  Not even a proper double decker!  I was well peeved... I fancied I'd have been good at that!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Ramp riding on the back of a C130 Hercules aircraft. Hoping the pilot doesn't go into reverse thrust or bang the brakes on thus propelling me forward down the freight bay at about 120knots. 

Top fun I've done that on a trip to R.A.F.Bruggen in Germany ,all they did was strap you in the side netting no seats in the thing I was in .

34 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

@TigerTedd I would just like to quantify my post as I didn't want you to think that I thought Sky diving was boring.,

It was just that everything else you did was in an exotic location. ?

It’s actually an interesting story. I went to see daredevil (the Ben affleck one) in the cinema, and they had a random little competition on, just in that specific showing. Nothing official, seems like it was just a deal between this particular sky diving centre and the cinema, maybe the managers knew each other. 

Anyway, I won the competition. So it was all well before my traveling days, when I was just a fairly boring council employee, that occasionally frequented the cinema. 

Not even sure if it was Northamptonshire. Where’s Tocester?

funny thing was, after I’d finished and was driving home, I started coming down from the Adrenalin high, and nearly passed out / fell asleep about 3 times. How ironic would it be to die in a crash on the way home from a sky dive. 

But then that is probably the most dangerous thing, and we all do it on a daily basis, just getting in your car. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived