Derby vs Reading Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

What has happened to Josefzoon? Why isn't he in the squad and likewise Johnson?

Not sure about Johnson because he's actually played well for us when he has played, whereas Jozefzoon has offered us very little.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Maybe someone's made an offer ?

I'm sure Lampard will fill us in after the game. Could be some form of knock. Usually if its something less common like family issues the local media knows pre-game.

Even still, how much would we really get for Carson? And how much would a first-choice replacement cost? Unless it was a silly offer, he'd be near the bottom of my to-sell-list.

I think Roos is decent, but not quite at our current level. I'd let Mitchell leave on a free. If we were to let Carson go and not replace him, then I think that would be a huge risk to our season.

All this speculation and he'll probably be back in the squad next week.

2 minutes ago, KCG said:

Not sure about Johnson because he's actually played well for us when he has played, whereas Jozefzoon has offered us very little.

So is he injured or out of favour? I agree that he hasn't been a world beater to date. Why is Carson not playing?I can'y believe anyone would be in for him after his performance against Leeds.

1 minute ago, Harrowram said:

So is he injured or out of favour? I agree that he hasn't been a world beater to date. Why is Carson not playing?I can'y believe anyone would be in for him after his performance against Leeds.

Carson's form last season has set him up for a fall this year. He hasn't been that bad, he's just been below his standard from last year where he was brilliant.

Lee Grant punched the ball into his net whilst facing the opposite direction and we still sold him for £1.5m to a Premier League side, so there would certainly be suitors for Carson if he was put up for sale.

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Who knows, I don't go in for speculation, I don't see the point. It will all come out in the wash!

17 minutes ago, DenmarkRam said:

Wisdom paid the price for playing left back.... he is out of the team... Baird also paid the price last year... If injuries dont get them the manager will.... Any ideas for next leftback... Trump??

I would suggest that Wisdom paid the price of his awful, poor disciplined performance at right back against Leeds - not many players play so poorly that they have to be subbed at half time. Can't blame Frank for dropping him from the squad after that.

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Even still, how much would we really get for Carson? And how much would a first-choice replacement cost? Unless it was a silly offer, he'd be near the bottom of my to-sell-list.

I think Roos is decent, but not quite at our current level. I'd let Mitchell leave on a free. If we were to let Carson go and not replace him, then I think that would be a huge risk to our season.

All this speculation and he'll probably be back in the squad next week.

This is the first time we've seen Roos in the league, but you're right, it could turn out to be a big downgrade in quality. But if that's the case, its a HUGE upgrade in our teams aesthetic so it balances out ? 

Best looking player in the squad should be the first name on the teamsheet! haha

Just now, Kernow said:

Fantastic play from Wilson there, that's why he's better in the centre because he can control things like that.

Great finish from Holmes. He looked marginally offside from that angle so thank god for no VAR!

Nearside defender was playing him on. Great run, ran the whole length of their backline behind them ? 

Great cross from Bogle a minute ago, if Marriott was a bit taller he could've beaten the Reading defender to it.

Archived