Craig Bryson - signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen

LB_DCFC

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we were second best for most of the game in midfield TBH.

Bryson battled manfully but often has a heavy workload when playing alongside Mount (classy but light and who often loses possession) and Huddlestone, great on the ball but less mobile.

I also didn’t think the three forwards, in particular Wilson, pressurised their defence as much as usual. But we can forgive Harry because he is our main threat.

We really need another mobile midfielder who can disrupt and set us moving forward.

We are lucky that we have more goal scoring threats than for a long time.

It was much better than Leeds and I was delighted with the win but we will need to be better still to beat Reading. 

49 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Some of the pre-match stick he got on here was disgraceful. Some of our fans are complete tossers.

On what will probably be his last season at Derby it’s sad he’s been a brilliant servant on and off the pitch 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Some of the pre-match stick he got on here was disgraceful. Some of our fans are complete tossers.

I have never understood why any players get the stick they do pre-match.  I thought Craig did alright last night. He wasn’t too bad against Leeds either (not many really good left backs would have stopped that cross for their first goal).  He isn’t the future, and I would like a replacement now, but whilst his quality is diminishing his effort (and his love of Derby) is there for all to see.  Their are actually a number of players giving it their all probably knowing that they have very uncertain futures with the club.

I love Bryson, and his engine has been and still is extraordinary; I just think in terms of his technical ability, both on the ball and his tackling, his levels have dropped a lot from previous seasons, and I don't think the engine alone is enough.

That being said, if we have him until the end of the season I'm not hugely fussed - but I don't see him here next season, for sure.

• 1 month later...

Having hardly any central midfielders contracted for next season we would be foolish not to offer Bryson a new contract but obviously it would need to reflect his age and wouldn’t be near what he is getting currently - would we use him next season - definitely I believe  

Archived