Craig Bryson - signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen

LB_DCFC

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I would question whether one great season (13/14) and several inconsistent ones since, qualifies him as a "Derby legend"

And the 2012 season where he got a clean sweep of all 3 player of the year awards. He won again in 2014 when the 3 awards were split between him and Bucko.

You can probably count on one hand the number of players to get POTY more than once. That puts him firmly in the legend category for me.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I would question whether one great season (13/14) and several inconsistent ones since, qualifies him as a "Derby legend"

One great season? Let's not forget he was our Player of the Year twice - 11/12 and 13/14.

Not many players can claim that (Only Steve Buckley, Mark Wright and Richard Keogh)

Didn’t Bryson turn down Cardiff for staying with us? I believe loves it here, both playing for the club and following his recent marriage the area as well. (probably also means less sightings in Hacketts ?)

For me he can still do a job for us, it’s no coincidence that he looks less effective at the moment as we are not pressing as aggressively in recent games, which is a lot of his game. Was very influential  2nd half against Southampton I thought, did a lot of the dirty work in breaking up the play and setting the tempo for our comeback.

4 minutes ago, admira said:

One great season? Let's not forget he was our Player of the Year twice - 11/12 and 13/14.

Not many players can claim that (Only Steve Buckley, Mark Wright and Richard Keogh)

Who on this forum would describe Keogh as a legend though?

I don't dislike him, unlike some, but I wouldn't even think about saying he was a legend...

Incidentally I'd describe him (Bryson) as a Derby County "Hero", rather than legend. 

45 minutes ago, erathirea said:

I don't dislike him, unlike some, but I wouldn't even think about saying he was a legend...

Incidentally I'd describe him (Bryson) as a Derby County "Hero", rather than legend. 

You say tomato

58 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Who has called Keogh a legend? Another dig opportunity?

Was told a few days ago that Bryson had asked to see Frank to discuss his DCFC future (and if there was one). 

This is pure speculation on my part, but I'd guess Frank has said there'll be no new contract so Craig is looking to move on - and perhaps his agent is sowing the seeds. I'd echo everything others have said that he's been a tremendous servant and ambassador and wish him every success in the future. 

I can see him playing a part the rest of the season but it would likely be a bit part. He did well to force his way into Frank's plans over the summer, but not well enough to be one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

TobyWanKenobi

Craigs been a great servant to the club and despite the usual suspects slagging him off he's become a bit of a fan favourite, but all good things come to an end.

I think it's better to sell him and get something for him, and maybe bring in another player, while letting Craig challenge for that Scottish title than just let his deal run out and he just fades into the ether.

TobyWanKenobi
1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Didn’t Bryson turn down Cardiff for staying with us? I believe loves it here, both playing for the club and following his recent marriage the area as well. (probably also means less sightings in Hacketts ?)

For me he can still do a job for us, it’s no coincidence that he looks less effective at the moment as we are not pressing as aggressively in recent games, which is a lot of his game. Was very influential  2nd half against Southampton I thought, did a lot of the dirty work in breaking up the play and setting the tempo for our comeback.

Yeah but moving to Cardiff and moving back to your hometown are two different things.

Archived