Who will be the new central defender?

ram59

On 05/01/2019 at 03:04, Carl Sagan said:

Bucko? Putting the cat amongst the pigeons, the QPR goal was the fault of Bucko, Fozzy and Keogh, but I'd put 80% of the blame on Bucko.

Sad for a player who bled Derby blood, but when there's a minute left before extra time against 10 men, you keep the ball so you can play another half hour and get the win. You don't gift it to the opposition to allow them their one opportunity to defeat you. But if you do gift it to them, when you get the chance you put the ball into row Z rather than take huge risks to try to keep the ball alive, hoping you might score in the next 30 seconds instead of giving yourselves another 30 minutes.

Disastrous "defending". 

I still don’t get it

Theres a clear couple of seconds in which the ball is loose, he just has to clear it 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

But did you go to the hairdresser's and ask him to make it look like that?

Conversely, it is possible that Richard Keogh took one look at what his barber was up to and ran off before he could finish the job! That would make more sense than him actually wanting it to look like that, surely?

Yeah, well i am a Keogh fan and all but there are limits, besides,  i already have the tattoo

Keogh has that wacky factor, the hairstyle suits him i think

I thought he would have tried wisdom at cb in the cup. Obviously Lowe had to come in at lb but without trying him at cb how do you know he isn’t the answer? Played there at rb Salzburg I think. He’s very strong and decent on the ball and isnt slow. We know he covers lb and right back but when malones fit he’ll be out the side again. Frank knows best but I thought that’s what he’d have done. 

Jason  mccarthy wycombe?

centre back / right back 

southampton academy graduate

player of the year at wycombe and walsall when on loan, 

On 06/01/2019 at 09:30, Lambchop said:

We have a higher wage bill than QPR, Wednesday, Forest or Birmingham. 

6F10144E-7682-4518-A59D-D92A80112328.jpeg

Looks like old news.

Fulham have spent almost £100m this summer, that will come with some hefty wages, not a chance our wage bill is bigger than theirs.

And Wolves.

33 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

May 2018. 

Got a more recent one?

In March 2018 the financial results for the 16/17 season were published and the wage bill was £34.6m, that includes all club staff.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-financial-results-news-1391889

As we’re always a season behind, the 17/18 will be out shortly, as for this season you’ll have to wait until next year.

50 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Do you think it'll have changed much, in our case?

Ince, Hughes, Christie, Bryson, Camara, Butterfield, Blackman, plus (half season loans for Bent, and Russell on perm)

vs

Lawrence, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Davies, Winnall, Half a Palmer, and half a Jerome

I'd guess at a small drop in players' wages

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Was there a good half?I can’t really remember?.

I just about remember it being fairly average pre season stuff,Luke Thomas looking ok and them being dirty and Mansfield being even dirtier.

Me neither but I think we let the goals in first half and that we played two different elevens.  Of course, there's much more to it than just who played in defence! 

52 minutes ago, angieram said:

Me neither but I think we let the goals in first half and that we played two different elevens.  Of course, there's much more to it than just who played in defence! 

I think Andre was ok but Frank never tried him again so I would assume that he would have to be an emergency.

I honestly believe all this not doing any business is just some typical cockney craftiness.

Archived