NFL 2019 Season

Day

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Packers have come out strong, but faded badly  after half time in pretty much all games so far, so it’s not over yet....???

We seem to be pretty good in the 3rd quarter too... won't be going to bed just yet. 

It's unfortunately looking like it's not our night though. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

You'll be back to the postman next week... jets in town. 

Aye, you're not wrong - he's one of the best flat track bullies in the league! 

Rodgers hasn't put up high numbers of FL anyway, Dak isn't even that far behind him. 

12 hours ago, SaintRam said:

The estimation was that he'd be able to grip a ball again after 4-5 weeks and ready to play after 6-7 weeks - most assuming he'd come back after our week 9 bye.

Quarterback controversy!!!!

Maybe not, but it seems like Teddy may be playing himself into a starters spot next year and your fears were misplaced  

You'll either need to pay him silly money for a back up (isn't he already the highest paid back up?), promote him if Brees retires and pony up north of $25m or wave adieu. 

A nice problem to have I guess 

6 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Quarterback controversy!!!!

Maybe not, but it seems like Teddy may be playing himself into a starters spot next year and your fears were misplaced  

You'll either need to pay him silly money for a back up (isn't he already the highest paid back up?), promote him if Brees retires and pony up north of $25m or wave adieu. 

A nice problem to have I guess 

Lots of variables at this stage.

We don't know what Brees' plan is. Nor do we know what the draft QB outlook is regarding players the Saints are interested in; then on top of that we don't know what picks we have until after the trade deadline ("Insiders" seem fairly confident we're going to trade for someone before the deadline). 

Lastly we don't know what Teddy will demand, he took far less money to re-sign for us over going to the Dolphins, but all that really says is that he knew what was coming in Miami. Interesting times for sure.

My fears were most definitely off-base; but in fairness they were very knee-jerky during that game. I was much calmer about the whole situation just days later, and was confident - didn't need to see him play again ? 

16 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Lots of variables at this stage.

We don't know what Brees' plan is. Nor do we know what the draft QB outlook is regarding players the Saints are interested in; then on top of that we don't know what picks we have until after the trade deadline ("Insiders" seem fairly confident we're going to trade for someone before the deadline). 

Lastly we don't know what Teddy will demand, he took far less money to re-sign for us over going to the Dolphins, but all that really says is that he knew what was coming in Miami. Interesting times for sure.

My fears were most definitely off-base; but in fairness they were very knee-jerky during that game. I was much calmer about the whole situation just days later, and was confident - didn't need to see him play again ? 

Brees' arm is definitely diminishing, but it just so happens Teddy has never had a big arm. I just think that his success could be more to do with the coaching than him, and if that's the case, it has to be tempting not to pay him.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Brees' arm is definitely diminishing, but it just so happens Teddy has never had a big arm. I just think that his success could be more to do with the coaching than him, and if that's the case, it has to be tempting not to pay him.

You may well be right regarding the coaching - time will tell. He made a lot of good throws yesterday but it helps when your two main receiving targets are huge mismatches.

As I say, it's down to a lot of variables but I definitely agree. We're comfortable making him the highest paid backup; I'm not convinced we'd pay him anything more than median starter money, if he ended up our starter.

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Seems like the Packers faded like I said, but the Cowboys left too much to do ?

Too little too late. 

Ended up following it on Twitter, didn't want to jinx our good late play by putting it back on the TV.

What a weird night. Felt a bit 'same old same old' at HT but the fightback was really good to see. If Maher could have converted the FG right before HT we would have been one score away from making those last few drives interesting. Dak 400+ yards, 3 INT's, Cooper 200+ rec yards and we didn't get going until the 3rd quarter. 

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Jay Gruden fired by the Redskins. Not a huge surprise.

If they didn’t trust him to turn it around and losing to the Patriots was the final straw they should have got rid last week. 

Patriots are winning the Super Bowl again this year and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

If they didn’t trust him to turn it around and losing to the Patriots was the final straw they should have got rid last week. 

Patriots are winning the Super Bowl again this year and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. 

Patriots offense has been garbage for a few weeks now. They've played 3 of the 4 worst teams in the league; and poor Bills and Steeler's offenses in the other games. Not sold, yet.

Below average next week against the Giants. Then another of the 5 worst teams against the Jets. The first top 15 team they play all season is week 8 against the Browns, then they have a lot in a row. That's where we'll find out who they are.

They're definitely going to the play-offs though and I'll be shocked if they don't get a bye - their overall schedule is a walk in the park - (They round out their season by playing the only awful team they haven't yet played, the Bengals - and then the Dolphins again); 

I get that two of the truly awful teams are in their division but its frankly absurd that the 6 worst teams in the league are all on the SB Champions' schedule ?, 2 of them twice.

20 minutes ago, David said:

I was thinking that. 

Patriots schedule is outrageously easy. They will make the play off at a canter again. Not sure how they will fair against teams that can actually put some points up against them, as their offence isn’t looking that great.

Archived