Little Duane

Big Trav

Carson

Bogle  Keogh   Tomori   Wisdom

Huddlestone   

Mount        Holmes

Waghorn   Marriott    Wilson

Lawrence, Evans and Jozefzoon as options to come off the bench, good team. Wisdom as a more conservative left back could mean we might get away with playing so many attacking players in certain games.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

We now have a selection dilemma. Can we play Holmes, Mount and Wilson in the same team?

Id say we could if they were he three in a 4-2-3-1 but I don’t think they suit our current formation

Currently Holmes is the form player and Wilson offers the chance of a goal, Mount needs to raise his level again

I'm happy with Holmes or Wilson in either position. They should both be in.

Well Duane's given Frank a right selection headache now! Nice problem to have though. For me, he has to start against Leeds. He can do to them what Sais did to us at PP. Not sure what formation we'll need to play if Wilson is fit. And what of Lawrence? - he's put a marker down too. Not easy this management lark, is it?

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Huddlestone   

Mount        Holmes

Lawrence, Evans and Jozefzoon as options to come off the bench, good team. Wisdom as a more conservative left back could mean we might get away with playing so many attacking players in certain games.

Holmes & Wilson would rotate well in that line up too

It’s a long time since i’ve seen a young footballer with such a beautiful instinctive touch. If he can keep up that level of performance he’s going to be pure gold. And while i’m On about metallic elements...  Quicksilver feet but never looks hurried. He made that delicious pass to Lawrence and in all honesty created the opening for the first goal. Toms assist was a gem but Duane gave him the space and opportunity 

Did you see him tracking back, full pelt at something like 85 minutes ? Ha ha and early on that lumocks that crashed in to him, he stayed on his feet left said bovine on the ground and still had the ball glued to his feet.

the match was worth going to just to watch that performance. 

25 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Lil' Duane is a diamond in the rough right now, add goals to his game and he could be an absolutely massive player for us. The pace on him to track Redmond back, get the ball off him and break is true Premier League quality from him. 

I'll keep saying it. Lampard signed him as a long term replacement for Bryson. 

His following of US fans is increasing too. He's starting to get his name mentioned as a player who could start getting into the US team if he gets regular games for us.

As @Sean has said, fantastic bit of scouting and fair play to Frank and Jody for acting on the intel. Without in any way wanting to diminish all of that, how the hell has the lad been overlooked before now. Not seen the show, but on Sunderland 'Til I Die it mentioned that they looked at him and thought him not good enough. Either they are blind or Jody Morris has performed some sort of bloody miracle in training as he looks a proper talent and truthfully, did the very first game he played for us. Gotta love the way these new boys have been brought to boil slowly out of the spotlight then unleashed to do their thing a la Jack Marriott. The £350k fee looks an absolute steal right now, whatever the add-ons.

Just when you think you can't love anybody more than Frank, up pops ickle Duane. Love his speed, his tenacity, his bravery to plough through the opposition instead of the easy option, his joie de vivre as head down he slips around massive defenders and slips a killer pass. Got to start against Leeds, presume he will get sharper. Oh my word, so much to look forward to. 

On 03/01/2019 at 03:49, RamLad1884 said:

Reminds me a little bit of Kris Commons. Low centre of gravity and plenty of pace/tricks. Can't help but feel he's wasting on the wing, definitely plays more like an attacking midfielder. 

He has the same ability to bypass 2/3 opposing players with just a change in direction, or drop his hip,

phenominal, origionaly thought he might be too lightweight, puts crunching tackles in as well, and wins free kicks

at will.

Must play against them from up north.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Huddlestone   

Mount        Holmes

I'd prefer,

Carson

Bogle  Keogh  Tomori  Lowe

Evans

Mount  Wilson

Holmes  Marriott  Lawrence

That'll knock the average age down a smidgen, and just go for it!

Archived