Little Duane

Big Trav

21 hours ago, 86 points said:

Hadn't noticed before you mentioned it but now you do, the resemblance is uncanny,,,, ?

0_Duane-Holmes.jpg

92404.jpg

Ha bloody ha! I meant that back in the day, Wee Willie and Archie Gemmill had that ability to skip past players and glide forward (no mean achievement given the bog of a pitch at the BBG) and in the few minutes we have seen so far, there is a certain similarity in Duane's playing style. Only time will tell if he can reach those fantastic heights.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mazzaram said:

Ha bloody ha! I meant that back in the day, Wee Willie and Archie Gemmill had that ability to skip past players and glide forward (no mean achievement given the bog of a pitch at the BBG) and in the few minutes we have seen so far, there is a certain similarity in Duane's playing style. Only time will tell if he can reach those fantastic heights.

I know I was just pulling your leg! And you're right in that he certainly has some ability. He could be a key player for us this season if he can show consistent form which I think he can if given games.

Interview with Frank, certainly sounded like he was very impressed as most of us were and he’ll be getting game time Sat.  Great to see the lad motoring, he’s had to be very patient, but if he continues as he did V Boro we definitely have added to our artillery. Pleased for the lad?

7 hours ago, Mazzaram said:

You did put Willie Carson though, not Willie Carlin!

If 86Points hadn't taken the pi55, I'm pretty sure I'd have been tempted!!   happy0006.gif  happy0144.gif

On 02/01/2019 at 09:02, Srg said:

To me, Duane is Frank's permanent Harry Wilson - don't get me wrong, he's not the player Wilson is or will be, but he can play centrally or on the wing, is positive etc. For when Wilson goes back to Liverpool in the summer, it's Duane's shirt.

Meh, to brutally honest, and probably to a lot of angry reactions, Wilson’s been nothing more than an amazingly clean strike and the odd dribble. Swansea and the odd game interchanging with Mount aside he’s been meh.

Duane looks mint though. He’s naive, almost too positive but he can pass, dribble and he’s quick. 

Think he’s class.

7 hours ago, cannable said:

Meh, to brutally honest, and probably to a lot of angry reactions, Wilson’s been nothing more than an amazingly clean strike and the odd dribble. Swansea and the odd game interchanging with Mount aside he’s been meh.

Duane looks mint though. He’s naive, almost too positive but he can pass, dribble and he’s quick. 

Think he’s class.

Tad harsh on Harry mate! 10 goals and 2 assists in 23 starts isn't exactly 'meh' territory! He needs to do better on the ball I concede, but he's been one of our better players so far this season, surely?  Fully agree on Duane though - my hunch was that George Evans would be our best value signing under Frank, but it looks more likely to be Duane right now. 

On 03/01/2019 at 15:13, Mucker1884 said:

You did put Willie Carson though, not Willie Carlin!

If 86Points hadn't taken the pi55, I'm pretty sure I'd have been tempted!!   happy0006.gif  happy0144.gif

Gee gee, that was a bit of a bad error....... Willie Carson, he was always a bit of a cart horse. That's one of the mane reasons I am glad we didn't get saddled with him and so pleased he is not withers. Willie Carlin was far better..... Hands down. Carson would have been another one of those hoof ball players and I canter think of a worse signing and we wouldn't have been riding high with him playing. Even Lampard could not harness any skill out of him and only a blinkered manager would try. Play him and I am sure he would have a right mare, even when playing in the rein. I am guessing this post will stirrup trouble a bit.  I think these comments are on the right tack but I reckon I should trot off now.   A whip round now please ;) 

16 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Gee gee, that was a bit of a bad error....... Willie Carson, he was always a bit of a cart horse. That's one of the mane reasons I am glad we didn't get saddled with him and so pleased he is not withers. Willie Carlin was far better..... Hands down. Carson would have been another one of those hoof ball players and I canter think of a worse signing and we wouldn't have been riding high with him playing. Even Lampard could not harness any skill out of him and only a blinkered manager would try. Play him and I am sure he would have a right mare, even when playing in the rein. I am guessing this post will stirrup trouble a bit.  I think these comments are on the right tack but I reckon I should trot off now.   A whip round now please ?

Think a steward's inquiry would be more appropriate!

We now have a selection dilemma. Can we play Holmes, Mount and Wilson in the same team?

Id say we could if they were he three in a 4-2-3-1 but I don’t think they suit our current formation

Currently Holmes is the form player and Wilson offers the chance of a goal, Mount needs to raise his level again

Archived