Watchable telly

dog

4 hours ago, BatRam said:

Just binged 4 seasons of Black sails , its bloody brilliant.

I've been banging on about this series to people for years - surprised so many haven't even heard of it.  I watched it when it first came out.  Bloody brilliant sums it up perfectly. 

Anyone seen Queenie on Channel Four?

Kind of a Bridget Jones for the modern day dating scene. Queen is the singleton coming out of the long term romance. Her mum had a disastrous relationship and walked out on her.

Is life repeating itself?

Funny and touching

Dionne Brown is great in the lead role. 

11 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Anyone seen Queenie on Channel Four?

Kind of a Bridget Jones for the modern day dating scene. Queen is the singleton coming out of the long term romance. Her mum had a disastrous relationship and walked out on her.

Is life repeating itself?

Funny and touching

Dionne Brown is great in the lead role. 

It got such a bad review on the Guardian website I didn't add it to my list

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/article/2024/jun/04/queenie-review-channel-4-candice-carty-williams-novel-adaptation

12 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Interesting to read the reviewer quote about ‘the series’ when they seem to be reviewing one episode.

It has got stronger with each episode. 

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Interesting to read the reviewer quote about ‘the series’ when they seem to be reviewing one episode.

It has got stronger with each episode. 

That's annoying isnt it? But not quite as annoying as the Guardian running a review of the second season of Colin From Accounts when you can't even watch it in the UK yet! 

MoviePass-MovieCrash...Sky Documentary...2 hours, How to take a great idea sack the creators and get a couple of Con artists to build an empire...but lose $250million dollars, Stock went from $1000 a share to a couple of Cents 🙄

A good ending on 2 counts 👌👍 

On 07/06/2024 at 09:53, Crewton said:

The Outlaws S3 just starting on BBC and The Great S3 coming up soon on C4 makes me very happy. Still got Kin S3 to watch and Love/Hate S5 - who needs summer?!

Just watched series 1 and 2 of Kin and we absolutely loved it, best thing we’ve seen for a long time. Is there a third series? Is it already out?

They dropped the entire series 2 of Tokyo Vice on iPlayer completely unheralded, so I only discovered it by accident. Pretty sure I mentioned the first series on here, as I liked it a lot, but delays led to a 2 year hiatus before season 2. Suffice to say it was worth the wait. It's a slow burn start, much like season 1, but boy is it good!

As always, it won't be for everyone and that's fine. For me it's as good as anything I've seen in years and it's all urn and done in 20 episodes with no hedging, no loops unclosed and no ridiculous Hollywood ending.

Strongly recommended for all that's worth.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2887954/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p0d8nykd/tokyo-vice

42 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

They dropped the entire series 2 of Tokyo Vice on iPlayer completely unheralded, so I only discovered it by accident. Pretty sure I mentioned the first series on here, as I liked it a lot, but delays led to a 2 year hiatus before season 2. Suffice to say it was worth the wait. It's a slow burn start, much like season 1, but boy is it good!

As always, it won't be for everyone and that's fine. For me it's as good as anything I've seen in years and it's all urn and done in 20 episodes with no hedging, no loops unclosed and no ridiculous Hollywood ending.

Strongly recommended for all that's worth.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2887954/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p0d8nykd/tokyo-vice

I loved the first series and I'll be tucking into the second series asap 

10 hours ago, Crewton said:

Same. I only noticed it was there at the weekend. I really enjoyed season one even though I found the main character supremely irritating. Maybe that was the point. 

11 hours ago, Kinder said:

Just watched series 1 and 2 of Kin and we absolutely loved it, best thing we’ve seen for a long time. Is there a third series? Is it already out?

Nothing announced yet as far as I am aware.  Have you watched Love/Hate?  Better than Kin for me.

1 hour ago, NottsRam said:

Nothing announced yet as far as I am aware.  Have you watched Love/Hate?  Better than Kin for me.

Ok, thanks. We haven’t but it’s on the list - might watch it next.

13 hours ago, Crewton said:

It takes a little while to heat up, but in that regard it kinda follows the same trajectory as S01, so my initial lack of patience was a bit silly. There's a lot going on and IMO, the way from midway it builds and builds and draws all the threads together was exactly what was needed. I am a sucker for Japanese culture though, but that said, as you enjoyed S01, I'd be confident you'll love season 2.

Edited by Comrade 86