Watchable telly

dog

For the last couple of nights, we've been watching a short South African series called 'Unseen' about a nondescript cleaning lady searching for her husband who had just been released from prison, only for him to disappear mysteriously.

Pretty good, but got just a little predictable towards the end.

Edited by Eddie

9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I quite liked it. FWIW, the bank has gone from strength to strength since its inception too.

I like the programme and the concept but find Dave a little irritating (perhaps it’s his Burnley accent). I don’t know why but he reminds me a bit of the Paul Daniels character on Spitting Image.

For those of you interested in black comedy and haven't seen Barry, check it out, it's brilliant.

Henry Winkler is fantastic as the acting teacher (a role he was born for) and the guy playing the eponymous lead, Bill Hader, was a long-term member of Saturday Night Live and also very, very good.

If you haven't seen any, definitely try and go back to Season 1 because there are a lot of plot lives weaving through it.

Definitely, a league above Tulsa King, although I am quite enjoying that. 

45 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

For those of you interested in black comedy and haven't seen Barry, check it out, it's brilliant.

Henry Winkler is fantastic as the acting teacher (a role he was born for) and the guy playing the eponymous lead, Bill Hader, was a long-term member of Saturday Night Live and also very, very good.

If you haven't seen any, definitely try and go back to Season 1 because there are a lot of plot lives weaving through it.

Definitely, a league above Tulsa King, although I am quite enjoying that. 

Hmm - annoying as it sounds good. Watched the trailer on YT and liked the look of it. But it's not on Netflix, Prime or Disney+

How many services do we need to have these days to watch everything good?!

On 11/04/2023 at 16:16, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not seen Barry. Might add that to the watch list.

Not seen Town Called malice either so not a lot of help really. I use IMDB as a first pass tool, if that makes sense, but I wouldn't let a mid-6 rating put you off. 

Have mentioned Barry a while back.

Only recall 'Barry' that well from 'Superbad' but he can definitely carry a show.

As @Bob The Badgersays Henry Winkler is brilliant. 

Very much a black comedy, but the drama is worth watching too. I ripped through it. Not massively memorable in hindsight but great at the time.

Beef

Everyone seems to be talking it up. 

Watched the first 3 episodes and it's well written, clever...slightly off beat.

Hard to really pigeon hole it. Part drama, part comedy, part reflection on stress/ society maybe.

The missus likes it too though, so definitely sticking with it.

Ratched - Netflix

It's relation to One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest goes about as far as the title. 

Whole different vibe, whole different character. Visually it's stylish as anything but it's like a mangled mess of ideas

I didn't make it to the end but stuck with it long enough to know I don't want to. 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

OMG just watched this week’s Succession.

Barely breathed throughout.

Wow, just wow.

I struggle with doing 'grown up' so have to store all episodes of my absolute favourites for single-viewing, total immersion style bingefests.

Can't wait for this one. 

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Ratched - Netflix

It's relation to One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest goes about as far as the title. 

Whole different vibe, whole different character. Visually it's stylish as anything but it's like a mangled mess of ideas

I didn't make it to the end but stuck with it long enough to know I don't want to. 

Copy and paste for anything produced (or whatever he does on his shows) by Ryan Murphy

(American Horror Story onwards)

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Copy and paste for anything produced (or whatever he does on his shows) by Ryan Murphy

(American Horror Story onwards)

I've not watched that either. I won't bother now then. It's like it's crammed full of ideas like a music video. 

Not bad but not good either. American Horror Story seems highly recommend though?

On 13/04/2023 at 09:22, Anag Ram said:

OMG just watched this week’s Succession.

Barely breathed throughout.

Wow, just wow.

I haven't seen any of Succession. The comments I've seen about the current series, and this week's episode, is making me think I should start it. 

Or, just watch this week's episode on its own. Rated at 9.9 on IMDb.

I guess that might not have the same impact though!

Just now, ketteringram said:

I haven't seen any of Succession. The comments I've seen about the current series, and this week's episode, is making me think I should start it. 

Or, just watch this week's episode on its own. Rated at 9.9 on IMDb.

I guess that might not have the same impact though!

You need to have watched the whole set to appreciate how good this week’s episode was.

Hope you enjoy it if you decide to watch it.