George Thorne

Fraser_23

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I said the exact same thing early on in this thread.

I was responding to whether WBA would/should feel cheated that he's off on loan to Bognor Regis!

Oh I was fully into my rant by then so didn't mean to suggest anyone didn't ask that either - I've been pretty much just shouting it at the world for the last 6 months...

40 minutes ago, Archied said:

There’s no such thing as a second team

I'd say there isn't ever more than one team in anyone's heart. I would say however that people who move away or whatever might get a soft spot for the team where they live  and just have half an eye to their results and so on.

I lived in Swansea for years and saw them play a few times and look out for them. I wouldn't say they were my second team though.

On 03/01/2019 at 08:32, Carnero said:

If this is true, then the fact that he doesn't appear to have generated Championship interest justifies the position FL has taken.

Hopefully he can lead Luton to a promotion and return to us as a genuine first team contender next season.

Any interest from other championship sides might have been unsure if he was not playing 1st team football. If its to do with additional money we have to pay WBA for more appearances and Frank was under instructions not to play him because possibly activating the cost and FFP being also opened up on us. Its a no brainer for him to get better standard on football at Luton than u23s. The way i read into this now is, 1/ We sell him in the summer after being put back in the shop window with Luton, so then we do not pay any more fees to WBA. 2/He gets back to the George of old, our FFP situation is resolved and George comes back into our 1st team squad. 3/George gets back to his best, we get promotion this season, FFP will not bother us in Premier league and George comes back into the squad.      SIMPLES

On 04/01/2019 at 17:47, RadioactiveWaste said:

I would say however that people who move away or whatever might get a soft spot for the team where they live  and just have half an eye to their results and so on.

I lived 20 years down there and 30+ up here. I look out for their results and hope they do well. I'm glad George is going to a club I like, because he was my favourite player. 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

I would think being a derby fan makes supporting the under23 s compulsory and any other rams team down to and including ladies 

When I moved out here everyone would ask me who my football team was. When I told them Derby County (after them suggesting all the usual ? suspects), they would ask me my second team, "Derby County reserves" (the under 23s didn't exist then). And your third? Derby County youths. Fourth? "Derby County ladies". Well your fifth then? "Are there more teams out there?".

On 04/01/2019 at 13:05, Lambchop said:

Luton are my 2nd team, so I'm glad he's going there rather than anywhere else.

Hope he can help get them up. 

If you don't have a soft spot for Cloughie and Burton are you even a Derby fan? 

Blasphemy to be supporting someone like Luton ?

9 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

If you don't have a soft spot for Cloughie and Burton are you even a Derby fan? 

If you lived in Burton you’d know the ducking pain of so-called Burton ‘fans’ jumping on the bandwagon as they rose up the leagues. They started to attend games and hate Derby for no apparent reason.

The fact that they’re taking at least 22 buses (I believe) to Man City but only 1 or 2 to Gillingham next weekend tells you all you need to know.

I’ve got no issues with Clough.

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

If you lived in Burton you’d know the ducking pain of so-called Burton ‘fans’ jumping on the bandwagon as they rose up the leagues. They started to attend games and hate Derby for no apparent reason.

The fact that they’re taking at least 22 buses (I believe) to Man City but only 1 or 2 to Gillingham next weekend tells you all you need to know.

They were always non league when I grew up in newhall and progressed to drinking in the blue posts, I do remember a cracking day when they draw Wrexham away in the cup and the whole area went ( myself included ) ,, right giggle

30 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

You are the most Derby County person I know?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

You are the most Derby County person I know?

Now you have started something, more than B4?

Archived