George Thorne

Fraser_23

10 hours ago, Spanish said:

Why not, he sees him every day and doesn’t rate him.  Do you think you are a better judge of a player because, forgive me, I trust frank more than you, no offence.  

No offence taken, but yes, ? 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or he could offer to reduce his salary by £12500 for the 40 odd games remaining on the deal, knowing that if he plays well he will be getting himself a new contract.

This got a laugh from one or two, but it's actually not a bad shout. He's not going to get himself a great deal after years of injury and u23s. Why not try to force himself back into the reckoning by removing an obvious constraint.

It does of course assume that:

1) Lampard would elect to play him with the constraint removed

2) This is the reason why he's not playing!

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, ck- said:

This got a laugh from one or two, but it's actually not a bad shout. He's not going to get himself a great deal after years of injury and u23s. Why not try to force himself back into the reckoning by removing an obvious constraint.

We don't know he hasn't already done that with his last contract 

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

We don't know he hasn't already done that with his last contract 

True, but at the time of signing he was a regularish pick, so I'd think it unlikely he'd have dropped that much money to extend his contract.

22 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Does he?

He trains with the under 23's so I doubt he is even on lamps radar.

And that's a massive shame.

Watch his last game against Sunderland last season again and tell me he gets in the team on merit,no chance. Granted I’ve not seen him play for the under 23s this season but by all accounts he’s been bang average at best. A great shame as he was quality before his injuries but sadly he is miles away from that level now.

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

Why will we not be trying to win the game against Southampton?

I’m sure you know what I mean, I think the FA Cup will be viewed as a free hit for the lads who aren’t getting a game.  If we wanted to win the match we’d put out a strong team.

Im sure whoever plays will want to win, but it’s just a figure of speech.

25 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Granted I’ve not seen him play for the under 23s this season but by all accounts he’s been bang average at best. A great shame as he was quality before his injuries but sadly he is miles away from that level now.

If you've not seen him play recently how do you know? Playing for the Stiffs will not get you up to speed for the 1st team.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you've not seen him play recently how do you know? Playing for the Stiffs will not get you up to speed for the 1st team.

Surely it’s a major risk to play a potential passenger?  Even when he fails, which I regret I think he would, there will be posters saying he needs a run of games and to play into form

10 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Yes why not if I was Frank I would be making 7 or 8 changes to today’s team as the Leeds game is far more important.

We’ve treated cup games with little respect in the last few years and it has done nothing to improve our league form.  The latest cup run coincided with dome of our best league form.  We should treat it like any other game, select the best players available

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

We’ve treated cup games with little respect in the last few years and it has done nothing to improve our league form.  The latest cup run coincided with dome of our best league form.  We should treat it like any other game, select the best players available

Exactly.

thorne in.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Dunno, George Evans seems to have stepped up ok..... Wouldn’t say Bird, Bogle et al would like you calling the u23s stiffs, maybe in a bygone era last season maybe when you didn’t have the opportunities you do now. Players have upped their game. Always someone else chomping at the bit..... Evans, Huddz, Bird and either BJ/Ledley are ahead of him..... What does that say to you? Think he’s had enough opportunities over his time here, why didn’t no one take a chance on his ability in the summer window? 

MLS beckons me thinks personally 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think he should play in the FA cup match on Saturday. 

I sort of like the idea Roy, but I honestly have no idea how he has shaped up for the U23’s ? word has it he’s looked good but there’s good, as in competent and good as in really doing the biz. Which is it ? 

3 hours ago, ck- said:

Didn't he sign a new contract last year - can't imagine it was better than the last one, so he could be playing for £0 .  Might be a better Idea to see if West Brom would take less money. They may as well get something rather than nothing .

Remember how folk on here used to always say, 'Sam always gets his man' in reference to his apparently uncanny ability to land most of our intended transfer targets? I'd politely suggest that the blame for George not getting games now should be laid at Rush's door if anywhere given the ridiculous contract terms he sanctioned. You can't really blame the the current management team or George himself. And if you argue that it's ok for Anya, Butters, Pearce and co to sit out their contracts, why should George be expected to subsidise the club's payments to West Brom? Should he have to pay to play for Derby? 

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Didn't he sign a new contract last year - can't imagine it was better than the last one, so he could be playing for £0 .  Might be a better Idea to see if West Brom would take less money. They may as well get something rather than nothing .

Well it could be better, I think we would have been in trouble FRR if he had walked for free because I guess that his value wasn’t written down to zero.  You could be right though none of us know

Archived