Vs Middlesbrough (home). Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful challenge on Marriott, hope he's OK. I think the only thing that's saved Saville from a red card is the fact it was his trailing leg and not his tackling leg that caught Marriott. If he did see red, I don't think many could complain on the Boro side.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

That was as clear a red as you’ll ever see as a football fan. Atrocious officiating as per

I think it could have been a red, but I disagree with that sentiment. I've seen endless challenges that were more obviously reds. 

The replay actually made it look less like a red than the real time tackle, for me.

Sith Happens
50 minutes ago, JJMSports32 said:

Nobody asked - they were offered - by the official front of shirt sponsors - due to some late NY dropouts.

Would you rather they weren’t offered? Or weren’t utilised?

This type of post is why, despite registering a few months ago, I haven’t posted/offered anything before.

Thanks for the input.

Don't worry, it's a great offer to make, and made a couple of peoples day. Nice when people think of others.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think it could have been a red, but I disagree with that sentiment. I've seen endless challenges that were more obviously reds. 

The replay actually made it look less like a red than the real time tackle, for me.

He was lucky he caught Marriott with his trailing leg, his studs where up. Could have been different. But I think a yellow was right.

Started well, controlled the game after the goal. 

I think Boro had a 10 minute spell where they were better but since then it's been a game disrupted by stoppages and neither side has had control.

Derby have been no more sloppy than Boro. 

They seem to have suddenly pressed more which I think kind of surprised us after standing well off us for 20 mins. 

It's not a poor performance at all. It's been a battling one due to the stoppages in play and Boro's change in tactics. Dealt with it well.

Evans mobility is welcome in there. He's getting about really well. 

Wisdom on the left is better than the right. He passes forwards and in field more. Plus still manages to go down the line. At RB he gets boxed in and only goes in field when it's backwards. 

We need to up our game, for some reason our first inclination seems to be to pass backward. I'd understand that if there wasn't a forward, or even sideways option, but there invariably has been that option.

Can someone please tell me what Zoon adds to our game, surely Holmes is a better option?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, KCG said:

We need to up our game, for some reason our first inclination seems to be to pass backward. I'd understand that if there wasn't a forward, or even sideways option, but there invariably has been that option.

Can someone please tell me what Zoon adds to our game, surely Holmes is a better option?

I think he's done OK again and a lovely ball across the goal mid half.

Archived