v Norwich away (Matchday thread).

Rev

The last 15 mins have shown that we have the attacking players to cause havoc but the defensive side of things we need to desperately improve. Scoring from 2 corners, luck must be in today. Let’s take the momentum into the second half and prove why we’re promotion challengers 

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we actually scored from a corner ! - I bet it wasn’t a header?

is Evans an improvement on anything? 

I am guessing bogle and tomori aren’t defending too well ? 

Tomori - he is on the scoring charts most weeks just play him up front! 

I actually have £2 on derby to win 2-3 - you never know ! 

It’s  my birthday today so could Derby County please win ? 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Now I do like a good stat and ours are interesting today.

11 shots to 9 but possession is 70% Norwich. Mainly because our pass accuracy is well down at 60% ish.

Pleased that we're showing some spirit after everything that was written about our heads dropping at Bramhall Lane ?

Yes but what about the important stat - Expected Goals

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Good lad Mountie. Hopefully that goal can kick start his season. I think his lack of goals in recent weeks has been inhibiting his all round performances. Trying to force things instead of playing instinctively. 

Both him and Wilson are guilty of trying too much, or assuming everything will just come easy to them. They’re young and learning, but it is frustrating to watch at times. 

Would love us to get an experienced CM in January who can give them an option to pass to and link up with.

Just got to stop trying to force it when it's not on. When we do that we get caught spread thin.

If it looks like an ambitious pass then don't take it. Not against these, away from home while the score doesn't suit us. 

Just play the easy game. For now. The pace is good but there's too many moments of trying to catch Norwich out and it's just backfiring. Our best stuff comes from doing the obvious stuff quickly and pouring forward. Don't need a killer ball every other touch

3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

The last 15 mins have shown that we have the attacking players to cause havoc but the defensive side of things we need to desperately improve. Scoring from 2 corners, luck must be in today. Let’s take the momentum into the second half and prove why we’re promotion challengers 

It's almost as if the midfield doesn't exist. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

So we actually scored from a corner ! - I bet it wasn’t a header? Tomori with a half volley smashed in off the bar. Ball finds Mount on the penalty spot who drilled it hard and low

is Evans an improvement on anything? A steady Eddy. Doesn’t position himself to receive the ball as well as Huddlestone, but covers more ground and closes down a lot quicker  

I am guessing bogle and tomori aren’t defending too well ? Can’t pick on a single player defensively. Everyone was/is too slow closing, standing off their men, and not following runs. Tomori probably our best defender so far

Tomori - he is on the scoring charts most weeks just play him up front! First goal of the season iirc 

I actually have £2 on derby to win 2-3 - you never know ! 

It’s  my birthday today so could Derby County please win ? 

9 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Agreed. Bryson is our only out and out CM near the first team, and even then, Mount is occupying his favourite areas.

This is how we sometimes get overrun in midfielder, the back 5 (defence and CDM) don’t have player who know how to make themselves available for a pass, or when it’s appropria to take a risk on the ball (see Wilson for second goal). A playmaker who can receive the ball from the back 5 under pressure and see the game in front of him would transform our entire side.

The odd bizarre ball from the defenders doesn’t exactly help mind.

Bryson is not either. 

Central midfielders play in a midfield two and Bryson is incapable of that role. He's only effective in a midfield three. 

So I really have been completely out of the loop while I've been away - I see Wisdom at LB. I assume Malone is injured now as well? He out for long? 

Archived