V Bristol City (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A chance for players coming into the team to prove their ability and crack on.

A message to all players that they need to play at their best to keep in the team. A message to Marriott that he can play well and then be dropped. Strikers need goals and without getting any chances and / or being in the team it gets harder to bang one in. 

Ill be happy for Frank and the lads to help me realise why I know nowt about football! ?

Like that team other than nugent? Don’t really get what he offers over Marriott and I thought jack was one of our best players on Monday. Would always be on my team sheet when fit, but maybe he isn’t? Regardless think that midfield is untested with nugent so we’ll have to hope it works and isn’t too attacking and uncontrolled.

TobyWanKenobi

Why on earth are the people who reply to the lineup post on twitter so retarded?

Why on earth do I read them every week and shake my head at some of our 'fans'?

4 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Why on earth are the people who reply to the lineup post on twitter so retarded?

Why on earth do I read them every week and shake my head at some of our 'fans'?

I read somewhere that over 90% of people who post on Twitter are retarded.  That could be a contributory factor.

Decent chance for Jozefzoon.

Have to say, its a very simplistic view, but in losing the two biggest contributors to our inability to keep hold of the ball against Forest (Lawrence and Bryson) - our midfield interplay has improved to an entirely different level.

Wilson is so much better and more effective in the middle. His pace and close control is almost Vydra like when picking the ball up and driving the team forward in the centre of the pitch. It seems that him and Mount have a really good understanding and partnership, and as a result Mount is having his best game for a while too.

Just now, Kernow said:

Wilson is so much better and more effective in the middle. His pace and close control is almost Vydra like when picking the ball up and driving the team forward in the centre of the pitch. It seems that him and Mount have a really good understanding and partnership, and as a result Mount is having his best game for a while too.

Mount's also helped by Jozefzoon consistently running in behind. Lawrence positions himself parallel with Mount a lot when he's playing. I think Jozefzoon's style suits Mount a lot more.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Mount's also helped by Jozefzoon consistently running in behind. Lawrence positions himself parallel with Mount a lot when he's playing. I think Jozefzoon's style suits Mount a lot more.

Good point. My first observations about Mount and Wilson's partnership came when Wilson was on the left wing near Mount. Maybe it's the forward running and the directness rather than the player specifically.

Archived