Mason Mount

Richard246

Mason has to find a way of coping when being man marked because he now drifts in and out of games.

Teams want to stop him and we need him firing on all cylinders.

One suggestion would be to move Mason left side of the front 3 and bring Wilson into the middle with Bryson and Huddlestone.

Big Games coming up and we want Mason to be more creative.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s not firing and we’re not as a team. Bit like early season, injuries disrupted us when we were absolutely flying. If we had the verve and movement of a few weeks ago then it gives Mount options, and with him getting closer attention Huddlestone gets more time on the ball, if only he’d had his passing boots on.

I think Bryson is key and he’s definitely not on it, if he can’t get back the sharpness he had pre injury when I thought he was back to his best, then maybe we go with Wilson in the middle. 

I personally think we need to stick with this 11 in next few games to play ourselves back into form but Lampard will probably have to rotate a bit in next few games. Hope Lawrence is ok.

He's not been the same player since he got his England call up. Whether that's due to the opposition marking him out of the game now, or a drop in form, I'd say most likely both. Putting Wilson back in midfield could help him out as it gives the opposition another player to worry about in the middle of the park. 

Mount suffers not having good technical footballers alongside him.  Sorry, but Bryson is not the player he was, and he actually inhibits sharp, incisive interplay. Wilson and Mount work well together, but they lack a little physicality as a pair.  Really hoping we get a good midfielder on loan early January, otherwise our best option probably would be to get Butterfield back in the team.

We have just kept two clean sheets with Bryson in the team! 

Life is a a bit tougher for Mount because other teams watch him and many will set up as forest did with a back 8 and it is then up to our wingers and full backs to deliver which they haven’t really since Bennett was injured and Wilson is a lot like Tom Ince in that he rightly is looking to shoot at every opportunity 

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He’s not firing and we’re not as a team. Bit like early season, injuries disrupted us when we were absolutely flying. If we had the verve and movement of a few weeks ago then it gives Mount options, and with him getting closer attention Huddlestone gets more time on the ball, if only he’d had his passing boots on.

I think Bryson is key and he’s definitely not on it, if he can’t get back the sharpness he had pre injury when I thought he was back to his best, then maybe we go with Wilson in the middle. 

I personally think we need to stick with this 11 in next few games to play ourselves back into form but Lampard will probably have to rotate a bit in next few games. Hope Lawrence is ok.

I would 100% go back to Wilson in the midfield 3. When we had Huddlestone, Mount & Wilson we were absolutely incredible for the away games at West Brom and the first half at Boro. Mount got injured in that second half and we haven’t been the same since.

I love Bryson and what he’s done for us in the past but he’s past it now IMO, he was never that great with the ball his game was all about getting around the pitch which he can’t do as effectively anymore. People say he needs 7/8 games to get back to his sharpness but after 8 games of running about like a headless chicken his body breaks down so will he ever really get up to speed?

Anlther option to free up Mount would be a 4-2-3-1. 

Huddlestone     evans

wilson.       Mount.     Lawerence/Waggy

Super Jack

This gives us a nice solid platform in games and lets the front 4 interchange and do what they want knowing there’s two players behind them ready to mop up. The 2 sitting in midfield also allows the full backs to bomb on as much as they want.

The balance in midfield just isn’t right. I don’t think mounts been poor by any stretch in any game I’ve seen, but his impact has been a bit negated because he hasn’t really got on the ball enough. Should’ve dropped deeper to get the ball last night imo and that was frustarting me, but that midfield just isn’t going to work cause Bryson isn’t suited to the role he’s playing. We need someone who can win the ball and pass next to mount, and that’ll allow us to work through midfield more and get mount into more space. 

I think we're forgetting the lad's only 19, and this is one of, if not the most, physically demanding league in Europe, he was always going to have fallow period during the season.  He was by no means the worst player on the pitch last night.  I'm struggling to think of a half a dozen times when a midfielder on either side was actually able to control the ball with any composure.

Moving Wilson inside again could work as both of them are certainly on each other's wavelengths.  As ever with Bryson, he runs around a lot, but when he's needed to play a tight one-two, or nudge it round the corner, he's lost...

He needs someone more technically proficient than Bryson to be playing alongside him. If we have for some reason decided not to bother with our best mdifield combo of Wilson, Mount and Huddlestone again maybe give Evans a chance in the position.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

And it was Bryson last night who I don't remember completing one good pass. I remember safe passes, inaccurate passes, getting bullied and doing daft headers into the air 5 yards in front of him.  Just like at Stoke.

Mount was our only player to have an 80%+ pass success last night, Bryson didn’t get anywhere near despite playing in arguably a deeper position. Neither did Huddlestone tbf who I was surprised won MOM but at least he was trying harder balls, Bryson couldn’t trap a bag of cement, and looked like he was trying to pass one as well

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Mount was our only player to have an 80%+ pass success last night, Bryson didn’t get anywhere near despite playing in arguably a deeper position. Neither did Huddlestone tbf who I was surprised won MOM but at least he was trying harder balls, Bryson couldn’t trap a bag of cement, and looked like he was trying to pass one as well

Thank goodness for that. I was beginning to think that I had watched a different game from some of the comments on here today. 

Archived