Curtis Davies or Tomori ?

SamUltraRam

Why are people so up for changing the centre back pairing. CD is a good defender, but neither Keogh or Tomori deserve to be dropped. The way we play, we need those fast centre backs. Maybe picking CD for when we come up against a slow, but proper unit (as we did with Juke), but other than that, I like it how it is.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me Tomori is not a centre back, he does not dominate in the air, which surely is a prerequisite for a centre-half? He is, however, very quick, strong and talented. He's a right-back or a central midfield player.

58 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Is Bogle not fit or have we written him off?

He hasn’t been good for over a month to be honest. Taking him out of the spotlight is probably the best solution seeing that this year is his first year in the first team.

Tomori at right back is probably the best solution at this moment of time because Wisdom isn’t very good either at right back.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

He hasn’t been good for over a month to be honest. Taking him out of the spotlight is probably the best solution seeing that this year is his first year in the first team.

Tomori at right back is probably the best solution at this moment of time because Wisdom isn’t very good either at right back.

Yep, I understand where you are coming from but young Bogle has just had a game off so to speak. If he can come back how he started the season I would much prefer Tomori at centre back with Keogh and keep Bole at right back. Frank will do the right thing I suspect...…Tell you what though, I love watching Tomori on the ball  in defence...….Class!

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yep, I understand where you are coming from but young Bogle has just had a game off so to speak. If he can come back how he started the season I would much prefer Tomori at centre back with Keogh and keep Bole at right back. Frank will do the right thing I suspect...…Tell you what though, I love watching Tomori on the ball  in defence...….Class!

Tomori is also up there as one of my favs so far this season ,,, with the fozzy injury and malone being much stronger attacking than he is defensively maybe it’s this game that we are ripe for three at the back  it could be very much the right formation to counter a rowett style stoke 

Carson

Davies.     Tomori.      Keough 

Bogle                                                          Malone

Hudds 

waghorn.                Mount.                Wilson

Marriott

10 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

Yes he has been very poor over the last 12 months,when we had him on loan he was a beast of a defender but poor going forward now he’s poor at everything.

Wisdom's apparent demise could be that the team has moved on by miles since he was last playing well. Instead of hoofball, or fart about at the back fora couple of weeks and hoping the opposition have gone to sleep before deciding to attack, we are now really quick, and can zip the ball around like never before. And this has highlighted Wisdom's lack of both pace and speed of thought.

I would play Tomori at right back, as many have suggested, and yes, i reckon he will be able to cross the ball - some of his distribution is of the George Thorne (and Glen Hoddle) level, so he should be able to find his man when crossing the ball. We will have to wait and see on that one, though.

13 hours ago, Archied said:

Tomori is also up there as one of my favs so far this season ,,, with the fozzy injury and malone being much stronger attacking than he is defensively maybe it’s this game that we are ripe for three at the back  it could be very much the right formation to counter a rowett style stoke 

Carson

Davies.     Tomori.      Keough 

Bogle                                                          Malone

Hudds 

waghorn.                Mount.                Wilson

Marriott

New signing?

On 25/11/2018 at 21:12, SamUltraRam said:

I love the way Tomori has grown into his role as center back but lets not forget, Curtis Davies performed at a different level last season,

Tomori - very dynamic & mobile, rapid in open play and able to carry the ball forward when needed, Suspect for losing his man in a dead ball situation

Davies - dependable, experienced, a leader,  A player that every team dreams of

So which would you choose ??

Honestly I think it depends who’s playing up front for the opposition. If there’s real pace there I think I’d have Tomori but if they have an excess of presence in the air then I’d go for Curtis. 

Like em both 

Archived