v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

8 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

TBH weve lost to two sides who man or man have better players than us. No big deal. We move on. Always said next season was our season anyway

How many seasons do we have to keep saying this? I've lost count!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Ramage saying the players are hurting.......No there not. Can’t believe people aren’t scared by the recent performances. SWANSEA to WIN Saturday by 2. Need a new GK, LB, RB, CB, DM.

Love your optimism- just what OUR team needs

Feel sorry for bogle, young lad, clearly has talent. With him & tomori who are two young talented defenders (one in their first season) we need a commanding experienced centre back.

I like keogh at this level but someone at the back needs to grab the defence by the balls & start organising it properly. Take a bit of responsibility and start positioning them as a unit  

I know it didn’t go in but I thought Marriott’s effort that hit the post was blummin great. Amazing instinctive  technique and so unlucky. 

Their keeper played well and ours was ‘unlicky’. That’s a significant difference for me.

Oh well. Still work to do and maybe players to improve / sign but win on Saturday and we’re back on track.

Frank has had less than half a season so no worries. 

obviously disappointed by result but not despondent. Our team has a lot of youngsters and there is obvious potential there and they will only improve. However we do need to splash some cash in January to make the play offs this year. Let's keep the faith and remember we are a work in progress and keep behind the lads. We'll show Stoke next time!

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I agree but some fans quickly forget that for Lampard and a number of this squad it's still very much early days. Hopefully we've learnt that going out and spending millions gives no guarantees of success - much rather see us build a team that can stay together at least for the next 2-3 seasons and see where it takes us.

Some posters who at the beginning of the season were more than happy to use this campaign to bed in not just the manager but also young and relatively inexperienced players now, at the first sign of problems (which are to be expected), can't wait to put the boot in. 

This should be on the main page so people can read it before they post. 

A few months in. Building from the ground up. What better place to meet reality than Stoke On Trent against a slightly trendy Nigel Clough.

No offence intended Nige. 

Reactions in here are standard Derby/football fan reactions caused by people having an unrealistic expectation of the level their beloved team is capable of operating at on a consistent basis.

- We have a rookie manager.

- A squad which is roughly above average for the Championship.

- Players returning to full fitness.

We'll finish anywhere between 5th and 10th this season and as long as we have a few more performances like West Brom away, I'll take the odd performance like tonight. Hopefully we have more West Broms and less Stoke's as the season goes on, and will be interesting to see what happens in January - I hope it's a few signings that will strengthen us for the next 2 or 3 years, and a few of the dregs are moved on.

Lampard is still learning and as long as he now know's you'll never out-shithouse Rowett, he won't try to again.

Why didn’t Frank learn from the Leeds, Bolton, Rotherham, Villa games? People saying Frank will learn. Surely he’s learnt how bad we are when we play below 80%. 4-3-3 doesn’t have to be played every game. Got to a 2 up top on Saturday and see how Waghorn and Marriott play together 

Poor tonight, stoke are poo.

We were very poor tonight, gaps between midfield and back 4 were massive. I can see why jono was picked for a bit of fight but his passing was dreadful. 

They did a job on us, waghotn not on the game, Marriott not a sniff

Bryson poor

all the fozzy haters, admit it he’s better than malone

Disappointing night all round. No movement, dreadful passing. Just an absolute nightmare.

Really really bizarre decision to bring Johnson in for Hudds. FloJo seemed to do okay the other day didn't he? Got an assist, then gets dropped. Thought we could have done with his pace out wide. Really starting to worry about Carson now, with only Roos as back up, I think a new keeper is a must in Jan. 

Anyway, fair play to Stoke who played well for saying they had 10. Ince had a good game and was always bound to score. 

11 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Ramage saying the players are hurting.......No there not. Can’t believe people aren’t scared by the recent performances. SWANSEA to WIN Saturday by 2. Need a new GK, LB, RB, CB, DM.

How recent?

We won on Saturday in an open but even match. We won't dominate every game and neither will whoever wins the league.

Within the last 6 we had that game v Chelsea, beat Brum and played very well v Boro. 

2 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Why didn’t Frank learn from the Leeds, Bolton, Rotherham, Villa games? People saying Frank will learn. Surely he’s learnt how bad we are when we play below 80%. 4-3-3 doesn’t have to be played every game. Got to a 2 up top on Saturday and see how Waghorn and Marriott play together 

Yeah I think he sent them out to play below 80% on purpose.

Archived