v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

Just now, Key clubber said:

Didn’t get to the game , just watched the highlights , great 3 points , looked like we got lucky when they hit the post. But maybe we deserve some luck.

Marriott certainly looking clinical. Carson’s got to do better with the goal it looked straight at him ,could have been a foul on Malone , some given some not.  Wisdom looked like he’s had another shocker , really disappointed with him since he’s come back to Derby , trying to put somebody into Row z doesn’t cut the mustard for me. Needs to learn to tackle better , and get closer to his man. I’m waiting for someone now to say the game wasn’t like that at all ?

The game wasn't like that at all....

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Patrick Rams said:

Strange cos BBC reporter on final score stated categorically that Rams deserved the points. 

If I were to take an unbias viewpoint I’d say he doesn’t have a duck what he’s talking about, but I’m a Derby fan so frankly couldn’t give duck as long as we get the win

Glad to hear Flo had a decent game and came up with an assist! A couple people had written him off on here, but this fella came through the Ajax academy and obviously has bags of talent, but it's hard for him to make an impact when he's 3rd or 4th choice and doesn't get a good run of games. 

Also glad that Marriott is continuing to come up with the goods, hes quality. just a shame he's poo in my team on FIFA!

Overall, Buzzing with the result, It's the first game back after the break, they can be tough games. I can (almost) guarantee we will be 10 times better next game, but an away win is a win either way?

11 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Well we have got to beat stoke and Swansea who are alright but hardly one of the better teams in the league and we are playing them at home so 9 from 9 I reckon.

Think sometimes you seem to confuse Football Manager with the real thing

The ref not red-carding Tomori is probably because of the Huddlestone red card the last time he reffed a Derby match. It was clear that he had got it wrong ( he may even have admitted as much, although I can’t be sure of that) so he was probably always going to be lenient towards us. Not because he is being fair, but because he is crap, as many pointed out pre-match.

Just now, Ellafella said:

Wisdom proper pissed me off today, no commitment at all, pathetic performance. Had to be saved numerous times through lazy passes as well. New RB In January is a priority.

Rode our luck at times today. They missed a couple of sitters. On the flip side we broke at least 3 times 2nd half where a simple ball across would’ve been a tap in. Should’ve killed the game with one of those chances. Wisdom was poor today. They were constantly hitting down the flanks and we struggled  with that.

Huddlestone had a good game, nearly scoring what surely would’ve been goal of the season.

Not the most convincing win but still showing glimpses of what we have the potential to be.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Wisdom proper pissed me off today, no commitment at all, pathetic performance. Had to be saved numerous times through lazy passes as well. New RB In January is a priority.

Very impressive finish yet again by the Dud; just knows instinctively where the corner of the onion bag is and hits it crisply. Is he a left-footer? {and that’s not a euphemism}. 

4 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Now we’ve got that out the way ,how did we play ?

Was kidding mate ? Disjointed early doors. SLoppy for the goal, dived in a bit. Clinical from Harry and Jack then holding on towards the end. Not a fluent performance but a welcome 3 points after the Villa game.

3 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Rode our luck at times today. They missed a couple of sitters. On the flip side we broke at least 3 times 2nd half where a simple ball across would’ve been a tap in. Should’ve killed the game with one of those chances. Wisdom was poor today. They were constantly hitting down the flanks and we struggled  with that.

Huddlestone had a good game, nearly scoring what surely would’ve been goal of the season.

Not the most convincing win but still showing glimpses of what we have the potential to be.

Yes...shown in the highlights. 

Archived