Who did it better at Old Trafford?

Who's Old Trafford goal was better?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Wilson hit the free-kick, I thought he'd skyed into our fans and was getting ready to have a moan about him wasting the free-kick but then the ball dipped under the bar. Great goal, great technique but Wanchope's goal still wins it for me.

10 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

When Wilson hit the free-kick, I thought he'd skyed into our fans and was getting ready to have a moan about him wasting the free-kick but then the ball dipped under the bar. Great goal, great technique but Wanchope's goal still wins it for me.

I agree... I think I'd rather be remembered for running with the ball, beating several players on the way and then coolly finishing, than for scoring a great free-kick.

Both moments of wonder. I went for Wanchope, partly because of the context of the top flight match and because it was his debut. And to carry the ball from your own half to score is so special. Idiakez was a freekick master but I wondered if there'd been a better freekick by a Derby player since Rioch lifted the goal off its moorings one time. Wilson, Mount or Lawrence to take them? We are spoilt.

6 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

I'll get hammered for this. Wanchope didn't have clue what he was doing with the ball, stumbled around and like magic it went into the net. Memorable goal.

Wilson's was world class. I'll remember that one more I think.

Did he ever look like he knew what he was doing? Think that's what made him hard to defend against.

Archived