v Manchester United (a) Match tHread

Boycie

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Uni freshers week so I wont be at this one

That's why you go to uni in Manchester?My freshers week has just finished and it was quality. Enjoy it - it will be one of the longest and most entertaining weeks of your life.

I'm taking a Canadian guy from my course who is yet to get into football, but he says he's swaying towards supporting United. Hopefully 90 minutes in the away end of an honest football club will change his mind!

12 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

That's why you go to uni in Manchester?My freshers week has just finished and it was quality. Enjoy it - it will be one of the longest and most entertaining weeks of your life.

I'm taking a Canadian guy from my course who is yet to get into football, but he says he's swaying towards supporting United. Hopefully 90 minutes in the away end of an honest football club will change his mind!

A likely story. My lad's just finished his first year at UCL and his freshers week lasted for the full year and I'm struggling to understand the difference between the actual freshers week and the 9 months that followed it. Worse still, the little poo didn't even bother lying to me about working hard! ?

6 hours ago, 86 points said:

A likely story. My lad's just finished his first year at UCL and his freshers week lasted for the full year and I'm struggling to understand the difference between the actual freshers week and the 9 months that followed it. Worse still, the little poo didn't even bother lying to me about working hard! ?

I will go along with this and take it up a step.

Having my 3 all go to uni, I found it hard to distinguish freshers week from the whole 3 years. It just seemed to be one big party and when they felt tired they would just have sleep breaks which they called "Lectures".

It also amazed me that the first year is nothing more than a tester to see if you are good enough to complete the following 2 years and even then when they carry out the final 2 years 6 months of each year is holiday.

So that given, I guess if you work at it you could actually do a degree in one year. But as they said, "It wouldn't be half as much fun".

They have all gone on to be very successful in their careers, so let them enjoy the fun before life takes over.

For me start a strong side - They have enough rest time to Saturday anyway - This game should be a reward to some players for playing so well and i honestly believe that we can beat them....

Carson

Bogle          Keogh             Tomori          Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson                         Mount

Jozefzoon              Waghorn                Wilson

Bench: Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Bird, Bennett, Holmes, Marriott - Probably the bench as he has rested Nugent and Bryson before....

18 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Will someone please explain to me why everyone keeps calling for Fozzy to be dropped in favour of Malone? I just don't get it.

I've left him out my line up purely as a rest, not dropped. He hasn't  had too much football in recent times so i think its a decent chance to use our cover in the LB position and let Malone play - Fozzy would be my starter at Bolton....

Carson

bogle Keogh tomori malone 

Huddlestone    

Mount.     Bryson 

jo flo    Marriott.    Wilson 

time to try a few slight variations and rest Forsyth and nugent and Johnson and give Marriott a license to run past them and Bryson deserves a chance of a bigger type game as every other manager rests him and let’s see what we can do to these

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Carson

bogle Keogh tomori malone 

Huddlestone    

Mount.     Bryson 

jo flo    Marriott.    Wilson 

time to try a few slight variations and rest Forsyth and nugent and Johnson and give Marriott a license to run past them and Bryson deserves a chance of a bigger type game as every other manager rests him and let’s see what we can do to these

Can’t believe you want Wilson in again ?

17 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Rashford is suspended.

Lawrence will not be able to play.

16 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Lawerence can play, new rule only competition you get sent off in you’ll get suspended. Two yellows in this cup you’ll get banned for next round 

16 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Didn’t know that 

16 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

DCFC website says the Man Utd game is the last match of his ban:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/09/lawrence-to-serve-three-match-ban

Lawrence is definitely suspended because it was a red card that he got, which means the "next three first team games" (in his case as it was violent conduct). You can check his status here: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

The rule change Mafiabob mentions is to do with a suspension from accumulated yellows. In that case they now only apply to the competition they were given in.

But there is a loophole - which would apply if you're in a league match and one game away from suspension, and the next week you have an absolutely vital league game, but with a cup game in between. Suppose you get booked in this matchwhich shold make you suspended from your next crunch fixture. If instead you get yourself a second yellow, because that's now a red card you will be suspended from the midwweek cup game. And then you go into the following week's league match still one game away from a league suspension.

I didn't think of this. Googling the rule changes it was here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6912118/fa-changes-suspension-rule/

On 23/09/2018 at 10:10, Franks Tanked said:

Carson

Wisdom  Tomori  Keogh 

Bogle            Huddlestone      Malone 

Jozefzoon      Waghorn        Holmes

Marriott 

Subs to be used

Mount, Bennettt, Wilson.

That's a very precise plan but why on earth would you change the shape when we just seem to have got it right ? 

Team leader at work  who is a Man Utd season ticket holder.  told me a lot of the Utd season ticket holders are  trying to sell their tickets for tomorrow’s game. They don’t think Derby are a big enough team.  He thinks there will be a lot of empty seats around old Trafford. Let’s hope the rams show them we are a big team.

8 hours ago, Edtheram said:

I've left him out my line up purely as a rest, not dropped. He hasn't  had too much football in recent times so i think its a decent chance to use our cover in the LB position and let Malone play - Fozzy would be my starter at Bolton....

23 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t speak for everyone but I was just giving him a rest, had no issues with him recently.

Fair enough, as you were.

Archived