Declining attendances

superzak

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the club to not lose out on money but have a 30k+ attendance, the average price of a ticket (including ST holders) for midweek games could only drop by about £4. I don't think this would be enough to tempt 6-7k extra fans to the games.

For me to get to the games on time I would have to head to the ground immediately after finishing work, and wouldn't get home until after 11. In terms of cost, after travel, tickets and a bite to eat, I'm roughly £50-60 poorer depending on travel by car or train.

With recently buying a house and saving up for a wedding, I cannot currently justify paying over £50 a week. Hopefully, that will change in time for next season though.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

For the club to not lose out on money but have a 30k+ attendance, the average price of a ticket (including ST holders) for midweek games could only drop by about £4. I don't think this would be enough to tempt 6-7k extra fans to the games.

For me to get to the games on time I would have to head to the ground immediately after finishing work, and wouldn't get home until after 11. In terms of cost, after travel, tickets and a bite to eat, I'm roughly £50-60 poorer depending on travel by car or train.

With recently buying a house and saving up for a wedding, I cannot currently justify paying over £50 a week. Hopefully, that will change in time for next season though.

Belper town is cheaper.

Just saying

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If you bought a house nearer to the ground you automatically would save on travel expenses.  My Viz Top Tip for the week.

17 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm pretty certain if we sold season tickets to everyone under the age of 23 at £95 we would have 30,000 a game no problem . Last time I paid that for a season ticket was 1993.

Then why don’t we then? Surely better to have a fuller stadium from a PR stand point? Makes the suggestions for us to expand to 40k laughable.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If you bought a house nearer to the ground you automatically would save on travel expenses.  My Viz Top Tip for the week.

To save money on a wedding and food costs at the ground, ensure you bring your partner to the game and engineer a seat next to an ordained minister with expertise in foraging- My Viz Top Tip for the week. 

( I actually moved into my house and got married within a 12 month period . joking aside it is very costly, I did that much overtime I may as well have brought a sleeping bag to work.)

Personally I wouldn't want to go anywhere near matchday traffic on the A52 and road network around Pride Park during evenings. 

Also, you lose a large proportion of the fans who travel a decent ways to attend. 

You also lose people who usually walk, but aren't comfortable walking for say, 45 minutes to an hour in cold, wet, evenings.

Then of course, you've got people who'd just prefer to watch it at home or in a pub than go - that number is usually also more affected by it being an evening too.

All these reasons seem like they'd be trivial numbers but they all add up.

52 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Then why don’t we then? Surely better to have a fuller stadium from a PR stand point? Makes the suggestions for us to expand to 40k laughable.

We are a business, not a PR machine.

Think MM makes enough financial gestures without having to reduce tickets to a stupidly low price to try and fill the ground.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Easy solution mate, call off the wedding, you'll only regret it anyway!

Archived