Non alcoholic beverages

dog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Highgate said:

It's probably quite harmless actually, despite all the health scares.  

Tastes horrible though. 

Freshly squeezed OJ is my non alcoholic drink of choice.  

It's lovely mixed with sparkling white wine too, but don't let anyone see you drink that if you want to maintain an aura of masculinity!

An interesting home mixed one is Fresh OJ and Tonic .. got a bit of bite to it and not too sweet. But i’ve got seriously tree huggy about mixers .. Fever Tree, Fentimans are good .. no artificials and Schwepps have started doing one called 1783 and gone back to roots I.e. no chemical yuk.... they made room for the posh brands because they treated their customers as if they had no taste. Serves em right, shouldn’t have messed with what they had Joe public isn’t stupid. 

4 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Isn’t that stuff worse than crack?

Coffee.

I’ll take any recommendations on a good low alcohol beer,anything I’ve tried tastes like bum.

I don’t know mate but I can taste it behind my eyes the minute I sip something with it .. weird or what ? and I am pretty down to earth and not prissy. Just gets me all wrong and I trust my body to tell me the truth. 

45 minutes ago, jono said:

I don’t know mate but I can taste it behind my eyes the minute I sip something with it .. weird or what ? and I am pretty down to earth and not prissy. Just gets me all wrong and I trust my body to tell me the truth. 

Even Lucozade has it in now! Can't even look forward to the flu anymore.

3 hours ago, jono said:

i’ve got seriously tree huggy about mixers .. Fever Tree, Fentimans are good .

Fever Tree is a revelation. I like the elderflower one with Tanqueray, Hendricks, GB or Seadog, but it's nice on its own. 

Also drink milk, fresh orange or apple juice, and occasionally ribena. Some of the Innocent smoothies are nice, but I tend to dilute them with milk. There's a berry one that makes a good milkshake.

Tea has to be Assam, but Douwe Egberts instant does for coffee at home. People who have those stupid little machines in their kitchen piss me off. 

If I'm in a pub and not drinking I'll probably have a pint of soda water with plenty of ice and lemon. It's free, it's not full of sugar and it lasts longer than twelve seconds. 

Agree with all the comments about artificial sweeteners; completely horrible. 

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Tea has to be Assam, but Douwe Egberts instant does for coffee at home. People who have those stupid little machines in their kitchen piss me off. 

I don’t drink coffee, but l want you to know I am going out tomorrow to buy one for my kitchen.

Archived