Life long Ram in need of help

NottsRam77

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best wishes NottsRam. Having lost my Dad to Cancer, also a lifelong Ram (who went to the'46 cup final, still in Army Uniform having not been demobbed)  I know just how exhausting a fight like this can be on the whole family so I truly hope you raise the money needed for the treatment. 

Done, I lost my dad to cancer during our second season at Pride Park. I moved from the South Stand to sit in his seat in the East Stand which i still do 19 years on sat next to his old workmate.

I still take a few moments 'talking' to his brick outside the ground on match days.

Hope you reach your target

My wife has worked in head and neck oncology for 25-years. She's has her doctorate but still works in a mid-level nurses role.

The reason I mention that is the hospital she works at is one of the ones leading the way here in the US in the kind of treatment you're talking about and it is super exciting.

They most definitely are making breakthroughs with more targeted treatment that potentially not only works better but mitigates a lot of the side effects. I hope your dad can benefit.

I had half a season sat next to my dads empty seat after he passed and I don't wish it on anybody.

Again I can’t thank u all enough.

Ur right bob what they are doing in this field is incredible.

the technology involved is just mind blowing 

as I said dad had an immunotherapy trial that was based in oxford but funded by an American drugs pharmaceutical.

Basically it try’s to tell the body to realise the cancer cells in it need destroying.

its had benefits and results with other cancer types but less so with bowel... hence the trial .. I think they tried to harness the drug with an enzyme or protein that the body would hopefully accept but not on this occasion unfortunately.

Another possible one mentioned is where they inject the cancer cells with a the herpes virus ... 

hes not done that yet but it’s been muted but we need to get him there first which we will

fighting each day

thankyou again

everyone 

On 02/09/2018 at 21:00, NottsRam77 said:

Again I can’t thank u all enough.

Ur right bob what they are doing in this field is incredible.

the technology involved is just mind blowing 

as I said dad had an immunotherapy trial that was based in oxford but funded by an American drugs pharmaceutical.

Basically it try’s to tell the body to realise the cancer cells in it need destroying.

its had benefits and results with other cancer types but less so with bowel... hence the trial .. I think they tried to harness the drug with an enzyme or protein that the body would hopefully accept but not on this occasion unfortunately.

Another possible one mentioned is where they inject the cancer cells with a the herpes virus ... 

hes not done that yet but it’s been muted but we need to get him there first which we will

fighting each day

thankyou again

everyone 

Just added a tenner. Sorry it's not more but I guess it all counts.

Archived